Sunday, March 9, 2008

I've been told by several people that I don't update our blog enough. Gosh, have a baby and suddenly we've become rather popular! (Ok, Lacey is the popular one but given that we are her parents, we accept some popularity by default.. we'll take it any way we can get it! :) So here I am...
Lacey is doing wonderfully! Now that she is four weeks old (gasp! So fast!), we are braving the world beyond our front door. We got to enjoy a very nice lunch together on Friday, met with some good friends on Saturday, and took her to church today. Once she and Daddy wake up from their Sunday afternoon naps, we'll finally get to go see the Whelan side of the family. We've avoided them do to the sickness that has spread through the family for the last month, but we are excited to get to rejoin the madness today. Let's just hope that Lacey doesn't mind the hour-long drive... In the mean time, she has enjoyed spending time with Nanny and Papa Hughlett. She is their new pride and joy! Lacey is so lucky to have both sets of grandparents and lots of cousins nearby. We could not have asked for a better life for our little girl! So to all of our family: you're not allowed to move... ever... unless it's closer to us! :)
She continues to be a very sweet and happy baby. She's starting to interact with us more and we've even gotten some adorable smiles out of her. She and Daddy are getting closer and closer, which he is quite thrilled about. Until recently, she was so attached to Mom that he couldn't hold her for longer than five minutes unless she was asleep. Now, they get to spend lots of time together which is just so sweet to see. We remain in complete awe of her.
Little Miss Lacey continues to grow like a weed. I'm not sure what her weight and length are now-- she was 9 pounds, 22 inches at her two-week check up, but she has certainly grown... perhaps a bit faster than we were prepared for.
And as for everything else, life is great! Mike is working very hard and seeing wonderful results at the office. We're enjoying every second of parenthood and can't wait to experience everything with Lacey.
That's all for now... enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Lindsey, wow, I just looked at all the recent changes to your blog. Thank you for all the recognition, but really, it seems a little much!! Just keep this blog about you and your little family! I appreciate it though, thanks!! Have a good night!

Tamra said...

Hello Miss Lindsey (or should I say mrs.)! Your new sweet baby is so cute! It really is crazy how much you can love something you've known so little - and that poops so much! I just have to say congrats, and say that we both know how much Kristen loves to see her pic on your blog! Hello? lets not be shy Kristen! You love the attention just as much as I would :) haha! Sorry this is so long.
Tamra