Sunday, March 30, 2008

Not quite what we had in mind..

The Hughlett family has returned to our home from our little weekend away. We didn't go far-- Mike had a seminar to attend this weekend so we all stayed at the Fairmount in Dallas where it was being held. We usually really enjoy these weekends. We stay in nice hotels, order room service, have other people clean up after us-- who wouldn't love that?
Everything was going well initially. Friday was hysterical. Lacey was quite the hit. She was touched, hugged, and kissed by sooo many people (good thing I've gotten over that initial "Touch my baby and die!" phase... this could have caused great anxiety otherwise!). Lacey absolutely loved the attention. She was so alert and smiley and let anyone hold her that wanted to. Even CJ Mertz, the president of this world-wide organization, spent some time with her. It was all very fun to see.
Saturday was a completely different story. Lacey and I slept in a bit, ordered some breakfast, and were going to meet Mike once we were ready. Then it hit: food poisoning. Uuuuggggggggggg!!!!!!!!! I was in major pain and was worried that something serious could be wrong... it was definitely more painful than any stomach bug I've ever had before. Without going into detail, I will just say that it was ugly and no fun at all. One doctor told me to go to the emergency room as he was concerned about galbladder issues. Fortunately, it didn't come to that. By 4:00 pm, I was finally able to get a nap in and felt better. Still, the weekend was slightly tainted. Oh well. Mike really enjoyed the seminar and got a lot out of it. These things are always great for business so at least he got to enjoy that.
Speaking of business, I am proud to say that Mike hit a new record for patients this last week. Wahoo!!!! With his new motivation (Lacey), he is doing better and better every week. I'm so proud of him! Good job, Babe!
Oh, and in other very exciting news, this Thursday promises to be a life-changing night! Not only does The Office return (SO excited about that!), Mike is getting a sleep study. Wahoooo!! This means that he will soon be sleeping much more peacefully (which is a nice way of saying that he won't be snoring any more) and he will have more energy during the day. THANK YOU KRISTEN!!! (My sister who is hooking us up with said sleep study.)
I realize, of course, that what you all want to see are pictures of Lacey. I'll try to take some this afternoon and post them for all to see soon. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

False, The Office returns on the 10th, not the 3rd! Still exciting, but bummer for another week!

Kayla said...

Gotta love food poisoning... oh wait, no nevermind! I hope you're feeling better! If I could make a request... I'd like to see pictures of Lacey AND her mommy if it's at all possible! :)