Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another Round!

On April 23, 2005, I ran my very first marathon with my best friend, Melanie Tracy. It was truly one of the most amazing experiences of my life! Our taining was, well, lacking. Each mile brought new pains and while I knew I would finish it, I simply did not know how. As we crossed the finish line, though, with our names announced over the loud speaker and a huge crowd cheering us in, I knew I would have to do that again some day. After a few years of not even wanting to think about it (like I said, it HURT!), I have now decided that the time has come to run another marathon! And so, next April the Hughlett family will venture to Salt Lake City once again so that Melanie and I can go another round! I could do one sooner, but it just wouldn't be the same without Melanie. Now I'll have plenty of time to train properly and hopefully shave a good chunk of time off our last attempt (Melanie has run several marathons and could definitely have done far better on time without me... but how much fun would that have been??). This time, we will be running as Lindsey Hughlett and Melanie Harris. Our sweet and supportive husbands, as well as my biggest little fan Lacey, will be cheering us in at the finish line. This promises to be another truly amazing experience!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Are you serious??? You're coming to Utah?!?!? There better be some plans to see me in there as well!! :) But I am completely unwilling to run a marathon. I'll entertain your husband and daughter while you and Melanie run! I'm so proud of you for doing this again, good luck with training!

Lindsey said...

Well DUH we'd see you!!! I will probably be there for a week and Mike will come up for the weekend. There will be plenty of time to play!!! YAY!!!!

Cottle said...

I remember when you ran that race, I thought you were completely awesome!!! Jon and I are planning on running a half marathon in Boise this coming fall. I don't know about a full one. Anyway, I am so excited for you guys to be coming to Utah!!! Let us know so we can get together. Or if you do need a place to stay Morgan is a bit out of the way from Provo, but we have an empty bedroom. Keep us in mind:)

Megan Bartlett said...

Well look at you, you little marathon...er! Good for you! I've got respect all over for you. You look like a total babe in that pic, by the way! Michael's a lucky stud!