Friday, July 25, 2008

Husband Tag

Ok, I've been tagged. I don't normally respond to these, but I thought it would be fun...

1. What is his name?
-Michael Lee Hughlett, Jr.
2. Who eats more?
-He does... gotta fuel up for those grueling workouts and long days at work.
3. Who said "I love you" first?
-He did... after our third date. It was a little early, I realize, but we couldn't deny it!
4. Who is taller?
-Tied! We're both 5'9".
5. Who is smarter?
-I am not too proud to say that he is! He's really good with all of the math and science stuff that I could never master. I might have him beat in the English department for whatever that's worth.
6. Who is more sensitive?
-Ha... I am! He is not insensitive, of course, but I am a fairly emotional girl... always have been. That can be a good thing, but it can also leave the poor guy in fear at times.
7. Who does the laundry?
-Me... when I get to it. :) Sometimes, I let Mike play a very fun game in the morning. It's called "Where in the World is My Laundry?" Here are the rules: he has to find his clothes in the morning but they can be anywhere-- on the dining room table, on a chair in our bedroom, in the dryer. Occasionally I make it simple and put the clothes in the closet and drawers, but what fun is that?!
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
-I do. It changes from time to time if I feel the need for a change of scenery. Haha... good thing he loves me!
9. Who pays the bills?
-I pay the bills at the house, he pays the office bills.
10. Who cooks more?
-We have this wonderful sushi restaurant nearby... kidding, I cook fairly regularly. Mike has been known to lend a hand, but he hasn't braved the art of cooking yet.
11. Who is more stubborn?
-That probably depends on who you ask. I say him; he might say otherwise.
12. Who is the first to admit when they're wrong?
-I don't have to. I'm not. Haha! Mike is pretty good at admitting when he's wrong.
13. Who has more siblings?
-Hmmm.... let me think... ME! I have 7 siblings, he has one. Poor guy still doesn't know what to do with our crazy brood, but it's always entertaining!!
14. Who wears the pants in the family?
-Lacey pretty much makes all of the decisions around here! Haha... ummm... I dunno. In some instances Mike does, it some of them it's me. We share.
15. What do you like to do together?
-Lots of stuff! We love going to the Temple together, working out together, going on walks together with our baby girl, enjoying every second together with Lacey that we can manage, going to movies and restaurants together, traveling together..... we pretty much love doing everything together that we can.
16. Who eats more sweets?
-That would be me. We've both gotten pretty good at eliminating most sweets, but I'm generally one to give in first. Fortunately, he helps me stay disciplined.
17. Guilty pleasures?
-I don't know if he would consider anything he does to be a guilty pleasure... he's rather proud of his quirks! Haha! Ummm... I dunno... he watches the Simpsons and King of the Hill, as well as old tv shows and stupid kung fu movies.
18. How did you meet?
-I went to his singles ward as I was considering moving out to Arlington for graduate school. We started talking on the phone shortly thereafter and a month or so later, we went on our first date.
19. Who proposed?
-Well Kayla says it was me, but it was Mike. We had been discussing it and I did give him the go-ahead one day, but the rest was up to him. It was a beautiful proposal!! We had gone to dinner with everyone from the office and then went back to the house. I sat on the only piece of furniture in the living room at the time (unless you count the DR Horton camp chairs as furniture, but I don't!) and as he kneeled in front of me on one knee, he read the four-page poem that he had been writing since we began dating. It was amazing and I cried through most of it. He then asked me to marry him and gave me the most beautiful ring. What a great memory!!
20. What is his best feature?
-He would probably want me to say his triceps! Haha! I love his eyes, particularly when he smiles.
21. What is his best quality?
-Hmmm.. hard to pinpoint one thing because he has a lot!! Can I just list? Oh it's my blog so I can do what I want to... He's probably the most faithful person I've ever known. He's the sweetest and most amazing father to Lacey. He loves his baby!!! He's extremely disciplined and very hard-working. He is very inspiring and makes me feel like I can do absolutley anything in the world that I want to do. I love that about him! He's just amazing, what more can I say? I am a very lucky girl!!

And now, I tag Megan, Heather, Amber, Kristen, Kayla, Amanda, Amber.... everyone! I've really enjoyed thinking about the answers to these questions so it's a good way to remember what's great about your husbands. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck, why did you have to tag me twice?? Now you are really gonna make me do this, ugh!! Maybe tomorrow, I still have so much to do and it is 11:30 pm!!

Lindsey said...

Haha! I meant you and my old roommate whose name also happens to be Amber. You don't have to if you don't want to.