Monday, July 13, 2009
Ohhhhhh the frustration
So guess what. The insurance agent who sold us our policy nearly a year ago lied when she submitted our application. In spite of the fact that I divulged the gallstone diagnosis on my application, it was apparently left out of the final application that the agent submitted. Grrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaat! I don't have any idea why she would have done this. I knew full well that it needed to be in the application because there was always the chance that it would require surgery. Well, she didn't include it so now, not only can I not change my policy to increase coverage, but the surgery may not even be covered on the current policy we have once they pull the global medical records and discover that it was a preexisting condition that "we" lied about. Fortunately, ulcers weren't preexisting because I'm pretty sure they're developing with all of this! The agent I spoke today(a different agent because now, I can't get a hold of the original agent who sold us our policy... phone numbers and email address don't work. How freaking convenient!) is "pretty sure" that we would be ok on our current policy because we've just about reached the 12-month mark, before which point they would not have treated for preexisting conditions (Which means that even if I had wanted to get the surgery before August 1st of this year, I couldn't have... so it's a good thing we went through all of the other stuff because I'm not sure if I would have looked into it this thoroughly beforehand.). It's all so very confusing and frustrating and I don't know what's going to happen. For now, though, I'm just very frustrated by all of this and hopeful that things will work to our benefit without us having to pay out the nose to have an organ removed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with you! I hate insurance companies! We really get it, too since we both deal with them from both ends!
Post a Comment