Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Family Trip to the Zoo

On Friday, Mike and I decided to take advantage of the perfect weather and go for a trip to the zoo with Lacey. Mike was sad to have missed out on her first experience and has been eager to take her himself. We had a wonderful time!! It was so much nicer than when we went over the summer given that we weren't dripping sweat. The animals were all more active and Lacey really enjoyed it.


Lacey was not sure how she felt about the birds being so close to her.

She was much happier looking at them in their tree.

Aren't they beautiful? I just love birds.
We saw a lot of beautiful animals and just had a great time. Unfortunately, there aren't many pictures. Every time we got the camera out, Lacey wanted to hold it and I was afraid she'd break it so we refrained. Maybe we'll get more next time! Even still, it was a wonderful day-- one of those days that having a family is all about. I love sharing these experiences with Mike and Lacey and can't wait to do more fun new things with them.

No comments: