About a year ago, a tradition was born. As you may recall, we hosted a slumber party with three nieces and one nephew that led up to a trip to a trip to the Shriner's Circus. This weekend, the tradition continued. Haylee, Grace, Kaden and Kyra joined us in Arlington for one big weekend! I wasn't sure if I couldn't keep them entertained the entire time, but I believe we managed...
They began by happily playing in the garage, of all places. They actually love what we've done out there! They enjoyed hitting the bags, playing on the mat, and sparring with Mike. They were all doing so well together, in fact, that I actually left Mike with all 5 kids (including Lacey) for nearly an hour and a half while I journeyed to Target, Papa Johns, and Blockbuster to procure the entertainment and food for the weekend (because I had not yet had the chance to do all of that). Mike survived his time with 5 kids, but I think they wore him out a bit. I guess someone forgot to tell him that he can say no when they ask for horsey rides, sparring matches, or a race outside. Oops! :)
I returned with 2 movies, 2 new board games, pizza, and everything we needed to make two different Halloween treats. I wasn't sure if we'd even get to all of that, but I wanted to be prepared just incase... and we definitely got to all of it! It's a lot to keep four older children entertained in a small house with toys meant for a one-year-old, but we seemed to manage just fine!
For one of our Halloween treats, we made scarecrow cupcakes...
They began by happily playing in the garage, of all places. They actually love what we've done out there! They enjoyed hitting the bags, playing on the mat, and sparring with Mike. They were all doing so well together, in fact, that I actually left Mike with all 5 kids (including Lacey) for nearly an hour and a half while I journeyed to Target, Papa Johns, and Blockbuster to procure the entertainment and food for the weekend (because I had not yet had the chance to do all of that). Mike survived his time with 5 kids, but I think they wore him out a bit. I guess someone forgot to tell him that he can say no when they ask for horsey rides, sparring matches, or a race outside. Oops! :)
I returned with 2 movies, 2 new board games, pizza, and everything we needed to make two different Halloween treats. I wasn't sure if we'd even get to all of that, but I wanted to be prepared just incase... and we definitely got to all of it! It's a lot to keep four older children entertained in a small house with toys meant for a one-year-old, but we seemed to manage just fine!
For one of our Halloween treats, we made scarecrow cupcakes...

4 comments:
Thanks for all the fun this weekend..the kids have talked non stop about it! We love how involved Mike is too! Most of the men in our crew try to get out of doing stuff with the kids, so I really appreciate his willingness to spend time with them. (He does need to learn to say no at some point, but as long as he is enjoying himself we can even let that slide:) Thanks again for making fun memories with the kids. It means a lot to us, and to them!
Wow!!! I can't believe how much you were able to pack into right about 24 hours. It sure looks like you all had lots of fun and the kids were thrilled to get to spend time with you and do so many fun things. Thank you both for taking such good care of them. I'm with Amber, it is impressive that Mike is so involved with the kids. What a fun weekend!
sooo much fun...good job guys and hmmphf about the riding of deranged elephants
What a fun post! And adorable pics! I bet it's the best living so close to your family...Especially since you all have kids to play together! I'm jealous! I'm glad to see you're doing so well!
Post a Comment