Tuesday, February 2, 2010

At last!

I'm blogging again!!! Sorry for the delay folks. Lately, sitting at the computer for any length of time has just not sounded as appealing as lying on my comfy couch, trying to catch a break from the pregnancy nausea. Not only that, but we really haven't been overly exciting lately. Pathetic, I know.

First, a little update, followed by some pictures...
I am, as of Sunday, 8 weeks pregnant. Yep, that's it. 8 weeks. Uuuuggggggggggggggg!! I started feeling nauseous right at 5 1/2 weeks and it hasn't let up much yet, hence the feeling like it's taking forever. With any luck, though, I'll be through this part within the next few weeks and ready to enjoy the remainder of the pregnancy. That's how it went with Lacey, so let's hope for a repeat. Lacey seems to have some idea of what's going on. She'll pat my belly and say hi to the baby and even give her (Lacey says it's a girl) hugs and kisses. It's so sweet!! I don't know how much her little mind understands but she seems to grasp the concept a bit.

Meanwhile, Lacey is a learning and growing machine! She will be 2 on Saturday, which she proudly announces to us multiple times a day. She's quite excited for her Chuck E Cheese party, birthday cake, and presents. She talks about it a lot! While we do experience the terrible two's, she is also so very fun, bright, energetic, and so, so sweet! She knows the words to lots of songs and can clearly sing the ABCs. She's getting pretty good at saying prayers and always reminds us when we forget. I can't believe that it's nearly been two years since she was born and I really can't believe how far she's come. Such a doll!!

Otherwise, life is pretty much as normal. Mike just took a quick trip to Chicago for a chiropractic seminar. It was our first time to be that far away from each other and though it was short-lived, I definitely did not like it. I'm quite grateful that he doesn't have to travel much like lots of husbands do. It was a great seminar for him and will hopefully translate into new motivation and progress within the practice.

Oh, and somewhere along the way, I celebrated my 28th birthday. It was sort of lame, I admit, given that I felt terrible and Mike was a little under the weather that day as well. Still, we enjoyed some time together and made the most of it. Maybe 29 will be a little more exciting.

Ok, on with some pictures... the following pictures were taken at the Ft. Worth Museum of Science. They have a fantastic children's museum that the kids just loved!! Lacey and I joined Nora and her kiddos as well as another friend, Jamie, and her three. We had such a great time and will definitely be purchasing a family pass.



Here are Lacey and Addison playing the baby/toddler area. There are several fun things for little ones to do. They had a blast!

Lacey watching the bubbles.
Here they are "grocery shopping." There's a little supermarket set up for the kids to do their own shopping... too bad none of it was real food. Could have saved me another trip!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: