Monday, April 21, 2008


Lacey got to join Nanny at work this week. Mike's mom works at UTA so Lacey and I spent some time with her while he did a spinal screening on campus. It was a great screening and Lacey had lots of fun being adored by Nanny and all of her friends at work. I'm pretty sure we made Nanny's day!


Here's a picture of Lacey is the yellow dress that she wore to church last Sunday. I wanted a yellow dress for her for two reasons: 1. Because Mike LOVES her in yellow. He calls her his ray of sunshine so yellow just seems appropriate. 2. Because I remember being a little girl, 8 maybe, and desperately wanting a yellow dress. I wouldn't settle for any other color and my mom searched until she found one. Fortunately, I still have that yellow dress in my closet so Lacey can wear it some day.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kayla said...

How fun that you still have your yellow dress for her to wear! Mom still has a few of mine from when I was little but I think I'd only let my girls wear them as dress ups because, let's face it, the 80s didn't crank out very many cute fashions... legwarmers, tight rolled acid wash jeans, t-shirt dresses... actually I can totally picture Genna loving all those things! haha!

Lisa M said...

I love that Lacey went to see Nanny at work. Lacey looked so comfortable you could have left for a few hours and then come back to pick her up.

Melanie said...

I love her yellow dress! I think that is the color this Spring/Summer! She is already on top of things! I'm sorry we were not able to make it down for Lacey's blessing. I can't wait to hear about it and to see pictures! Love ya!