Monday, April 28, 2008

Lacey's blessing day was beautiful! The Arlington 3rd ward was filled with all of our family and close friends who came to witness the sweet event. We chose to bless her in the 3rd ward, opposed to the 5th ward that Mike and I belong to, because we have both known and loved the members of that ward for years. Mike grew up in that very ward and it is the ward that his parents are still in. My family was also in that ward once upon a time. We will always love that ward and it was very sweet to be able to bless her there. The blessing was wonderful. Mike was joined by both of our fathers, brothers-in-law David Badger and Ryan Nish, his friends Jeff and Allen, Bishop Crumpton, and Gordon Piper (who sealed us in the temple). It was absolutely amazng to see my wonderful husband use the power of the priesthood to bless our daughter. I could not have been more proud of him than I was in that moment!
After the blessing, the mass of people moved from the church to our home. I've never seen that many people in our house! It was a little crazy but such a joy! It meant so much to have each person there to celebrate such a special day.

This is one of my new favorite pictures! I LOVE the look on Lacey's face. Here she is getting a sweet little kiss from Richard. Richard is Andy and Kerry James' son who I taught in preschool. The James family has become very much a part of our family and we are always grateful for their friendship. Andy, Kerry, Brit, and Rich-- we love you guys!!!

Our happy family! Regretably, we did not get pictures of everyone who attended. Poor Lacey was so worn out that she slept through most of the party. By the time she woke up, people had left so we weren't able to capture everyone. Even still, thanks to everyone who was a part of our day. It was wonderful!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that is a cute picture of Lacey, and the look on her face is priceless for sure. Sorry we did not actually get to see much of her yesterday, but we are glad we could make it! And super glad to hear that Mike is sleeping better...and so are you:) Oh, by the by, I decided to try my hand at this blogging thing, it is in its very early stages, so forgive the lack of presentation, but I am trying. Check it out ambersinspirations.blogspot.com See ya ~Amber

Kayla said...

Finally a picture with all of you! What an adorable little family you are! I love that first picture of Lacey too cute!!!

Carlyna said...

Lindsay, your daughter is SO cute! Congratulations! Oh, and the pregnant pictures were also very good...done in good taste! You looked great pregnant.