Sunday, August 10, 2008

6 MONTHS OLD!!!



Our little Lacey Bug is 6-months-old now! We can't believe how much she's grown already! Her personality continues to shine through in so many adorable and hysterical ways. She is very talkative and laughs all the time! She is such a little charmer, too. She rarely allows a new person to pass by without stealing some attention first.
We discovered on Friday that she is definitely not failing to thrive (not that we had our doubts!). At her doctor's appointment, we found out that she is 28 inches long and 17 pounds, 4 ounces. Such a tree!!! She is still in the 97th percentile for length and 75th for weight. Looks like she'll be tall like her momma... she had to get something from me, I guess!!
Yesterday, we discovered another new development: teeth!! Her two bottom front teeth have just poked through. It's fairly adorable if you ask us. As soon as they make their full debut, we'll get some pictures
I'm certainly no photographer, but here are some shots that I captured today after church...




Isn't she precious?!
As for other aspects of our life, things are great. As of today, we've been married for a year and a half. Who pays attention to their year and a half anniversary? People who were in the hospital on their first anniversary, that's who! :)
The practice is doing very well. Mike hit yet another new record this week so we're very excited 'round here. We are being extremely blessed and we are indeed grateful. Mike is working so very hard so his success is well earned.
And as for me, I'm in project mode at the house... which means that it is a DISASTER! I don't know what has come over me! I started by buying a new desk for the office, which naturally meant that the office needed to be painted. Last weekend while Mike was in seminars, I bought some paint (much of which spilled all over the trunk of my car) and got to work. Babies definitely slow the process down, but I managed to get it done in just a few days. It's lovely! Now, however, I have the disorganized mess that still exists and no clue what to do with all of it. On top of that, I also decided to clean out Lacey's and our closet. It was time to rid ourselves of the annoying wire hangers that were all over our house! After that, I am left with the things that I no longer wanted in the closet and again, no clue what to do with all of it. Perhaps I should not introduce any other projects until I complete these! Of course, I do desperately want to hang curtains in our kitchen now that I have finally decorated the tops of the cabinets (another project that accompanied the painting). Some day I'll have this house in order and just the way I want it... and then it will be time to move, I'm sure! Oh well... at least I enjoy doing it.
So yes, life is grand! We're all doing very well and just happy to move along day to day, enjoying what we have.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kristen said...

AWWW shes getting so big, holy cow! I think Carson just passed 17 lbs. Haha, just kidding =) She is so cute, I love the little bloomers she has on! She kinda, maybe, just a little bit, sorta looks a little bit like you. ha

Cottle said...

You definitely have some of the cutest outfits I have seen. She is such a beautiful baby. Congrats on passing the 6 month mark. You should have a party :)

Melanie said...

Okay, I want Lacey! She is adorable, always smiling and happy! Too cute! I miss you guys! Way to go on all of your projects! I love projects like that.

Lisa M said...

She really is a doll, there is no doubt about that.

Kayla said...

hahaha! I'm with you on the year and a half anniversary thing! I'm pretty sure that my first anniversary was the worst day of my life... all that labor and no pain meds! Ack!

Aaron, Cera, Jaylen and Gavin said...

what an adorable family!!! Your baby is so cute! When was she born? I'm thinking our baby's are about the same age! So good to run into your blog! Ours is aaronandcera.blogspot.com