Lacey and I got to help Mike celebrate his birthday yesterday!!! Despite an omelette disaster and the resulting emotional breakdown in the morning, it was a pretty good day! (Perhaps I put a little too much pressure on myself for things to be perfect on such occassions... don't worry, the rest of the day was smooth!) Michelle, our WONDERFUL new friend and CA in the office, offered to watch Lacey for a few hours so I could go with Mike to his chiropractic seminars. We enjoyed spending the time together and discovering ways to improve the practice. Mike was very motivated there and it was fairly relaxing for him to just be able to sit and listen for the day. He came home for his favorite meal: steaks! They weren't even particularly good steaks, but he loved it all the same. We ate, watched the season premier of the Office, and enjoyed spending time together. It wasn't a particularly glamorous or overly exciting birthday, but it was a very nice day and he enjoyed being able to share his birthday with both of his girls for the first time.
Here he is singing to Lacey. He does this all the time! He's made up several little songs that he has sung to her since she was born. I love listening to them from the other room or through the monitor. Mike constantly tells Lacey how beautiful and amazing she is. It is so sweet! Of course, she may grow up to be the most vain person in the world as a result, but that won't stop him from saying it!
Mike is a man who can really stop and savor each moment and I love that about him! He reminds me to let the little things go and just enjoy being right where we are because there really is no better place to be...and he's right. I don't know why I get to be married to him and to share my life with such an amazing person, but I will be forever grateful! Happy Birthday, Honey!!!!




1 comment:
Happy birthday Mike! I'm glad that you guys had a great day. Lindsey, Lacey is getting so big! Y'all have a great weekend!!
Post a Comment