Thursday, October 30, 2008
Marathon Training...
So there's been a change of plans. I still want to run a marathon, but unfortunately, Melanie and I won't be running together... now that she's married she thinks she can go and have family responsibilities or something. The selfishness of it all! (Just kidding, Mel!!) So now, I'm going to set my sights on the Cow Town Marathon in Ft Worth at the end of February. It would be pretty cool to say that I ran a marathon just a year after I had my daughter, right? Let's see if I can really do this in four months! My point in posting about it is that I'd love to have a running partner. If any of you local girls wants to run a marathon, or might know of someone who is also training for the Cow Town Marathon and would like a running partner, let me know! For the rest of you, I'll need all the support, encouragement, wisdom, and motivation that anyone can muster... this is no easy task! I really want to do it, though, so assuming my feet hold up for me (they've been threatening me already but I'm hoping to win the battle), I'm going for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck with your training! Personally, I wanted to run the Turkey Trot in Dallas again this year but I don't think that is going to happen. Something about me being pregnant or something. Anyway, happy training and run a mile or 2 for me!!
I'm going to run the Nashville Country Music 1/2 Marathon in April, if you want to do it with me. We could be long distance running buddies. :)
Post a Comment