Ok, it hit me today. It's officially the Christmas season around here! I realize that we still have Thanksgiving before us, which I certainly look forward to. I've just been wondering when it was going to start feeling like the holidays to me and for some reason, that happened today. Maybe it was the enjoyable lunch with Mike's mom and sister (Happy Birthday Christine!), or the strangers that kindly wished me a happy Thankgiving, or dancing around the kitchen to the Faith Hill Christmas cd that I purchased today. Perhaps it was the sweet reality that Lacey brings into our lives, which was admired by everyone we saw today, followed by reminders of the overall wonderful reality that is our life together. Mike and I are always aware and extremely grateful for the many blessings that we enjoy. At this time, though, that gratitude takes on a deeper meaning... presumably because this is the time when we focus on and celebrate the reason that we are given such blessings.
Now, it's time to "deck the halls," do some "ho-ho-ho-ing" (which, if you're like my mom and mother-in-law, you're probably already done with... we weren't that smart!), and enjoy some very fun and festive time with family. Ever since Mike and I met, Christmas has become increasingly more magical. For this, our third Christmas together, we get to experience the holiday for the first time with our beautiful baby girl. It's like life really does start over when you have kids. We can't wait!
But first, bring on the turkey and pumpkin pie!!! We are going to FEAST next Thursday!
P.S. I'm lame and haven't taken many pictures lately. Sorry... I'll try to remedy that this weekend. Meanwhile, enjoy the new look to the blog. :)
3 comments:
How is the Faith Hill Christmas album? It sounds amazing!
I love the spirit of Christmas!!
Love the Faith Hill cd!! I've played it over and over again for the last few days. It's great!
Post a Comment