Well, another year older... and a sweet day to celebrate. With my birthday falling on Mike's day off, we got to enjoy an entire day together. Off to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, we went! Even in late January, it was absolutely beautiful. The few flowers that were blooming left an enchanting aroma that could have kept me there forever. Most captivating were the Japanese Gardens. With ponds filled with giant fish, bamboo shooting all over, luscious greenery and stunning Japanese architecture, it felt as though we were far from the somewhat boring Texas landscapes. It was just lovely and we enjoyed every moment there.
Of course, that wasn't the end of our day. We came home, left Lacey with Nanny and Papa, and Mike and I enjoyed a romantic and very tasty dinner at PF Changs. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! We shopped a bit, ran from the cold wind that began (just in time for my morning run... grrr!) and came home to relax a bit and enjoy some divine chocolate cake. More celebrations follow throughout the weekend so I'm sure I'll have more to add later. For now, enjoy these very cute pictures!
Of course, that wasn't the end of our day. We came home, left Lacey with Nanny and Papa, and Mike and I enjoyed a romantic and very tasty dinner at PF Changs. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! We shopped a bit, ran from the cold wind that began (just in time for my morning run... grrr!) and came home to relax a bit and enjoy some divine chocolate cake. More celebrations follow throughout the weekend so I'm sure I'll have more to add later. For now, enjoy these very cute pictures!

5 comments:
soooo pretty.
I love those pictures! You guys look so cute and I WANT those monkey statues in the back. Lacey is getting SO big! See you in the morning! Oh and please change that background. It makes me dizzy! :)
Happy birthday again! You look gorgeous! Late 20's will be good for you! You are such a great writer I am impressed!
Hmm, yeah, Happy Birthday!! Sorry I did not call yesterday, things got beyond crazy around here, and before I knew it, it was late..I am a horrible sister! But I will see you in a few hours, and celebrate some more! The pictures are great..I will have to head down there sometime!
you r gettin too skinny-stop it!!! You look great! Happy Birthday. Have a great weekend w/ all your partying. Kindof jealous-i never do anything anymore for my birthday- i guess thats b/c you live by your sisters and mom :( Maybe this year I'll make that wonderful husband of mine do something-I'm hoping for a new car-too much to ask for?? NAHHH!! Jk Happy Birthday kiddo!!!
Post a Comment