Saturday, January 10, 2009

Messy eater!

Now that Lacey has decided that she's a big girl, she does not want me to feed her. If I offer her something, like the yogurt that I attempted to give her the morning of this photo shoot, she tightly purses her lips and turns her head. I sat the yogurt on the counter and turned around to clean a dish. When I turned back, I saw that Lacey had reached for the yogurt and was attempting to feed it to herself. Sadly, I didn't catch a picture in the act, but what follows is the mess she made. You can't quite see it in its full glory, but this is an idea.



And though she is in Santa jammies, the above pictures are from just a couple of days ago.
A treasured first-- Lacey has begun eating watermelon with Mike. If you don't know, my husband is fairly obsessed with watermelon. I buy them year-round if I can find them, often paying six or seven dollars per melon, and generally buying at least one a week. It's his favorite food. He was thrilled when Lacey expressed an interest in his watermelon one morning. He gave her a taste and she became hooked. She would put a piece in her mouth and thrust her hand forward, insisting for another piece. Needless to say, he was thrilled. Just another similarity between the two of them. Still waiting to find some of myself in her! :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

brittany said...

Oh you so need to travel this way in watermelon season-Bo grows some of the BEST watermelon ever..... i can't even eat store bought ones anymore. I guess you do have farmers markets but still-Bo's are better!!! And your littl girl is absolutely precious!!

Kayla said...

mmm... watermelon! Dang, now I want some too!

Lindsey said...

Um, and when would that season be exactly? Pretty sure Mike would drive to Kansas for a really good watermelon... he is just that obsessed! Plus, we were thinking we'd head up that way some time this year anyway, so that may be the perfect time!

brittany said...

the best time for watermelons is July, that would be good b/c then you can see the baby