Well, I'm on my way. One week until the half marathon! I'm still a bit concerned because 1. I haven't run much in the last two or three weeks so as to allow my legs to heal and 2. my legs, though better, aren't completely healed. We ran 7 this morning. It was supposed to be 10, or at least 8, but the wind won in the end. The first 6 1/2 were great. I was feeling really strong, my legs were fine, and I was even leading the pack most of the way. That last half mile, though, was a killer. The wind picked up suddenly... it was cold and it was hard. I was already suffering a little bit because of the cold that I have (seriously, if it's not one thing, it's another!) and we all decided that it was a little more than we wanted to deal with by that point. So there it is. 7 1/2 miles has been my longest run to this point and next week, I have to boost it up to 13.1... we'll see how that goes! Fortunately, like I said, my legs allowed me to run. Mike has worked on them with everything he has this week and he even got up with me at 6 this morning to adjust me before I went out. I know I've said it before, but he's truly amazing. He not only supports my goal, but he has proven that he will do anything he can to help me accomplish it. Now that's a good husband! It's going to be such an incredible feeling to cross that finish line next week and see him waiting for me there. I definitely wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for him so he certainly belongs there.
In other news, thanks for all of the tips after my last post. I can't say that meal times are going much better, unless you consider blueberries to be a sufficient meal for her. (She loves those things!) She does seem to be getting the idea a little more each day so maybe soon she'll get more food in her mouth than on the floor. As for middle-of-the-night feedings, well, hm... I don't know if I'm quite prepared to let her cry it out but after getting up with her 3 times last night, I'm getting closer! We'll see...
Unfortunately, no new pictures today. My camera is at Mike's office but never fear, she's going to Nanny's this afternoon so we can go to the Temple so I'm sure pictures will be taken there. And I just bought her the cutest freaking dress yesterday so I'll have to take pictures of that tomorrow too. :) Girls are so much fun!
3 comments:
Your blog looks like mine now!
I knew I'd seen the layout before... dangit. Well, it'll have to stay that way for now... I hate changing backgrounds. Maybe I'll get to it tonight... or maybe I just want to be like you!
Smart move to stop when the wind picked up since you were training, but you should know the Cowtown course has its share of wind. The last 1 mile or so is especially windy - and hilly - so keep that in mind.
I'll see you on the course. Be kind when you pass me!
Post a Comment