It's 7:43 in the morning and my day has already been shot. I went running this morning and it did not go well. What I failed to mention previously is that my would-be 8-mile-run the morning we left for Atlanta was halted at 4 miles due to stabbing pain in both of my knees. I was fairly frustrated with that, but not entirely surprised given a few less than ideal factors. I've taken it easy since then, missed my run on Saturday because Lacey wasn't feeling well, and I thought I would be ready for a 5-mile-run this morning. Two miles. Two miles! That's all I got! Things were going well, our pace was good, the weather was nice and in an instant, I was crippled by intense pain in my left calf. Even walking was difficult beyond that. I limped the entire half mile to my car. ARRRGGGGGG!!!!! I realize that to most, this isn't a big deal. The reality is, though, that I have less than three weeks until the half marathon and I NEED my training runs. I've worked so hard over the last year to lose weight and get in shape for this and it angers me that with less than three weeks left, I don't know if I'm going to get to run it at all. If this is tendonitis, which is likely, then I risk greater injury by running through the pain, if even I could. I want to be positive. I want to know that it was just a bad run and things can still be ok. Right now, I'm just mad. Hopefully that will change. Today is our anniversary, after all. Mike and I have been married for two years! So I shall try to shrug this off and keep things in perspective. Wish me luck.
And I'm still working on getting pictures from Lacey's birthday up. They aren't on my camera so I have to wait until I get them from people. Stay tuned for those...they're sure to be adorable!
2 comments:
how many miles???? you are crazy whelan girl but oh so committed, that gives me courage after this baby that I too can lose the weight and look as sexy as you:)
Happy Anniversary!!!!!
happy, happy anniversary....
Post a Comment