Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Knocking on wood as I type...

Just a minor update for those who might be curious... Lacey is sleeping through the night! *Knock, knock* I don't know how it happened, but for the last four or five nights, I haven't had to get up with her once. Of course, I still woke up, walked to the door and listened carefully to make sure all was well... now I have to work on me sleeping through the night! :) I've realized with this little issue and with others in the past that worrying over things like this is actually quite pointless. In the beginning, I worried that I let her sleep with me too much that it would be a huge battle to get her into her bed. No battle there... when she was ready, she did just fine. Then I worried that she would never be able to fall asleep on her own, that I would always have to rock her and get her to fall asleep on me before I could even attempt to lay her into her bed. Nope. When she was ready, she did fine with that one too. We've lept over these little hurdles with relatively great ease that by now, I should realize that things will happen when she is ready and stop worrying over it. I don't know if that applies to all children but thankfully, it is the case with mine.

As for the eating concern, she's doing a bit better there too. I think a lot of it had to do with her being very uncomfortable with the switch to whole milk. It has not done wonders on her sensitive little tummy. I made the switch to goat's milk yesterday and she seems to be much happier already. Her entire disposition has changed. She had been cranky for days and in the last 18 hours, she is back to her very happy and lovable self. So let that be a lesson to any of you new moms-- if your child does not seem like him/herself, it may not just be a phase. We're all feeling happier and well-rested in the Hughlett home. My house is even clean again! Ahhhhhh happiness! :)

Thanks for all of the advice!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats on the sleeping! She is so-stinking-cute I so agree. Glad everything is going great for you.

brittany said...

Lucky mom!! Thats great that she is doing well on her own. By the way-Olivia too had sensitive issues with her belly and I gave her soy milk. She loved it, it was chocolate but really good for her. I don't know how hard it is to get goats milk but they have soy everywhere-just f.y.i.

Megan Bartlett said...

Awww! Well I'm very glad Lacey is sleeping through the night and her little tummy is doing better! That's always the worst when they can't tell you what's wrong and you have to guess. I never would have guessed goat's milk would help! Good to know...Claire seems tohave a much more sensative tummy than Luke and that might come in handy in the near future! I LOVE your blog layout! It's so bright and cheery!