Still a total sweetheart. She is as fun as ever these days and she amazes us more and more every day.
Lacey loves this house. Thanks Aunt Heather!!! And notice the cute little shelf-- I've been trying to find cute storage options for Lacey's room for some time now. The toys all over the living room are beginning to drive me crazy! This was a happy little find at Home Goods. It is small and thus doesn't fit a ton, but it fits perfectly beneath her blessing dress which hangs above it and it's a great place for her books. Ok, the floor is a great place for her books if you ask her, but I try to keep them on the shelf. Perhaps I'll take more pictures of the nursery later when I finish finding shelves and hanging pictures. I know many of you couldn't care less about this, but it was a little victory for me so I thought it was worth mentioning. :)Ohhh Daddy... her hero! Lacey is well aware of the fact that she can get anything she wants from him. If he's home and she doesn't want to sleep, she fusses just enough to get him to rescue her. When she wants out of her high chair, whether or not she's eaten much, she reaches for him because she knows he will free her. She absolutely loves weekends when she gets ample Daddy time. It's quite adorable!
Here they are playing peek-a-boo. Lacey LOVES this little game! She scurries into her room saying "A-boo! A-boo!" and takes her place at the end of her crib, just waiting for Daddy to follow her and take his place at the other end. They play a rousing game of peek-a-boo, he chases her around the room, they dance, read books, and then he sweetly rocks her to sleep and tucks her into bed while Mommy enjoys a little quiet time at the end of the day... or cleans the kitchen without a one-year-old tugging at her legs as is usually the case.
Look at that face! Really, there just is no cuter face in all the world! (Speaking as a biased mother, of course.) Oh, and look at all of that hair!! It's grown quite a bit lately, as has she. It's also appearing to be more blonde as it grows in... not what one would expect from Mike and I. I'm not sure whether it will always be blonde, but at this point, I'm beginning to wonder if it was Nanny who gave birth to this child rather than me! I seem to remember a lot of pain one day a little over a year ago, but maybe I dreamed that...? :) Ok, she's mine, but you wouldn't know it to look at her. It's ok though-- she is a lucky girl to look so much like Nanny. She will always be beautiful!
And that's pretty much our life these days. To be honest, we've been pretty boring lately, it would seem. The practice is moving forward and doing well so we're grateful for that. I haven't done much running since the race two weeks ago and I'm definitely feeling the effects of neglect... gotta get back on the road next week! I know it's ridiculous, but running has become a little addictive. The time away from it to recover from injuries is driving me crazy... I may look for some smaller races to play with before it gets way too hot. Umm... what else? Doing a few projects around the house. This week, I spontaneously decided to decorate Lacey's bathroom. It started with new towels and rugs and has since turned into a full on job, complete with a splash of color on the walls... well, almost complete... still have a little painting to do. Next week, I hope to finish organizing the office and do some gardening. As for Mike, he is working hard, as always, and spending the rest of his time with his girls. He's looking into a new karate school so he may start dappling in that again. No sparring allowed though-- can't risk injuring those hands of his! He is still the Gospel Doctrine teacher in our ward and from the little bits and pieces I'm able to catch before Lacey flips out, he's doing a great job at that. So there it is-- you've been updated and I have repented of my blog neglect. I'll let ya know when anything else happens... until then, happy Spring break!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment