Saturday, March 14, 2009

I don't know where she gets it...

Well folks, my sweet, happy, charming little girl is a scowler. Those goofy little grins and cute chatter at new people have turned into a furrowed brow, wrinkled nose, and pursed lips. This is not a random occurence... it's quite frequent actually. She does it when she gets in trouble. She does it when she's trying to get away with something. She does it just for the heck of it. And... she does it when someone tries to take a picture of her...


At least there's a little smile that accompanies that one.


Can't you just tell exactly what she's thinking?? "Mom... really? Pictures? Ug!" Sometimes, it even appears as though she's cursing me with those eyes. It's just utter disgust, completely unmasked. Since we were dating, Mike has always laughed at how expressive my eyes are. Apparently, it's not often difficult to tell what I'm thinking. It would appear as though there is a gene for that and Lacey has it. I don't really think she means to be hateful with it at all. In fact, I have a feeling that I've given her that very look when I'm getting on to her and she has picked it up... and uses it... a lot. It's actually quite funny and she typically laughs immediately after she scowls. Just another one of her funny little quirks. Definitely a personality on this little girl! Gotta love her!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

tlwhelan8 said...

priceless....

Jamie said...

That's funny I have only known one other kid that did that and it was hilarious..truly makes it hard to be mad ....

Lindsey said...

AntiqueAttic... who are you? Can't see the picture well enough to tell and your blog appears to private...??

Kristen said...

Ive seen that face before... she looks like you now =) Hehe, just kidding, but that is soooo freaking funny!!! What a ham!

meridith said...

You're funny with your "well folks" and "well kids". Miss you! Austin sure misses playing with your sweet little girl. He has no one in our new ward to get into mischief with.