Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oh, how I love him!

This is a little late for Father's Day, but I do have to say how very much I love this man who is the father of my beautiful baby girl! I've loved him as my husband for as long as he's been such (not long, I realize), and I love him all the more for being her hero and best friend.





There is nothing he would not do for her. No matter how tired he is, he bursts through the door at the end of the day with open arms, ready for baby hands and feet to climb all over him. He enthusiastically plays, dances, sings, and anything else he can think of to make her laugh and he lives for every moment. They each light up when the other is around, or even if a name is mentioned. Lacey wakes asking for Daddy and to every peep she makes from her crib, he excitedly asks if he can go get her. Sometimes I accuse him of trying to thwart my parenting efforts (like when he begs to keep her on the bottle until she's 5 so he can continue to have his night-time feedings with her, or when he gives her all the fruit snacks she can eat just so she'll sit in his lap for a while), but I wouldn't have it any other way. He works so very hard so that he can give her everything she will ever dream of and more importantly, he faithfully does all that he can to ensure that we will be an eternal family. Gosh, I love him!

And if you weren't sure, he's a pretty fantastic husband, too. As we ate dinner after our temple session this evening, we discussed how fortunate we are to have found a perfect partner in each other. While many couples grow apart, we feel that we grow together daily. We support each other in everything, from the business, to our work-outs, to our scripture reading and temple attendance, to our callings... everything! I know we have a lot of life ahead of us and surely some trials along the way, but on the path that we're on, I'm quite sure we'll be just fine. We're a pretty great team!

Now, enough gushing from me... enjoy some more pics below and have a great night all!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: