Friday, July 10, 2009

Too Stinking Cute!

Lacey got a new swim suit today. LOVE IT! I have a bit of a history of paying too much to buy her cute little swim suits, but can you blame me? I did get this one 40% off though, so I did better than last year! :)

Lacey loves playing in the water and Mike loves playing with her. So fun!


Summer girls! We are loving summer, although we could turn the thermostat down 10 or 15 degrees but whatever! I just can't believe how quickly it's going and Lacey is growing just as fast. Look at my baby! As I rocked her to sleep tonight, I wondered how many times I've sat in that rocking chair in the last 17 months, rocking her to sleep, singing her lullabies, and feeding her a bottle. Hundreds. And yet, I can never get enough of it. I thought of Haylee and Grace in the other room and I remembered having held them as babies as well, not so long ago, it seems. Now they are beautiful 9- and 6- year- old girls and I know how quickly Lacey will be there too. I tried to imagine rocking a Haylee- sized- Lacey to sleep, but I don't suspect she'll allow that by then. As the reality of phasing the bottle out looms, I begin to hope like Mike that we could just hold on to that forever... it keeps her a baby. But, I suppose we have to let her grow up. As I learned this weekend with the girls, there is much yet to be enjoyed with my babies and I do look forward to it. I'll just have to preserve these wonderful little memories that we make each day. Just look at her! Love her!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

tlwhelan8 said...

love that swim suit on little miss cutie pie...good job with the girlies