I think it's safe to say that this week has not gone at all as I had planned! I had visions of getting my house spotlessly clean before Nanny and Papa came to spend the weekend with Lacey. I was even going to get the office organized (again!) and maybe even get out in the garage a bit. I had daily tasks set up for the week so I could stay on top of things and make sure everything got done. Well, it's Wednesday and my house is a DISASTER!!! A visit from nieces and nephew, a broken collar bone with trips to doctors offices and a Ft. Worth hospital, and one massive gallbladder attack have all led to one very messy house and one exhausted Lindsey! Seriously, what a week! I so needed a good night's sleep after the long night with Lacey, but my gallbladder had other plans. I guess stress eating is a very bad thing when you have gallstones! The attack was one of the worst I've had and it didn't subside all night. There were a few brief hours of drug-induced sleep (thanks to my next-door-pharmacy called Nora's house!) but the drugs wore off and I was awake the rest of the night. When the intensity of the attack wore off, I was left with a very upset stomach and exhaustion all day long. For a good part of the day, I couldn't even get off of the couch. Again, enter Nora! She came over and kept me company while the kids entertained Lacey. I can't imagine that I was overly exciting, but that's what friends are for! And of course, there's my sweet, sweet husband. I give him flack sometimes for not cleaning quite as much as I'd like, but he really pulls through when it counts. He had the afternoon off so as soon as he got home, he took over care of Lacey by playing, feeding, and laying her down for a nap. He did the dishes and retrieved the smoothie that I desired. He laid down with me for a bit while I napped before he went to the gym. After a brief family swim (I thought it might be relaxing), he went to the grocery store that I've neglected all week, came home and grilled some hot dogs for he and Lacey, did another load of dishes, gathered the trash, bathed Lacey, and now he's tucking her in to bed. I love having a husband who will take care of things when I just can't. I know many husbands would do the same, but I just feel extremely grateful and wanted to document his kindness. Gotta love him!
As for Lacey, she's doing just fine. You really wouldn't even know she's injured! Our little trooper has been quite herself today. She hasn't complained of pain at all and she's just been as funny and energetic as ever. She is a bit careful with her arm, but she's lifting it, climbing with it, picking things up with it-- she's one tough cookie! She slept well last night and only woke once for a bottle and a little more motrin. We're hopeful that she'll continue to do well and that we may be able to leave her with Nanny and Papa after all. I trust them implicitly to keep a good eye on her so I know she'll be safe and well cared for. That's comforting! We'll continue to see how she does tonight and tomorrow, but we're keeping our fingers crossed. Of course, they say that bad things happen in threes and we're only at two this week... that could be a little unnerving! But we'll just hope that the week takes a good turn and the end of the week will be perfectly wonderful! As for the messy house, I broke down and called in some professional assistance! Mike has a patient who owns a cleaning business so we're going to do a little bartering. I can't wait to see it all clean and sparkly! I may have to make a regular thing of this!! :) Ok, probably not, but after this week I kind of think I deserve it!
So that's how the Hughletts are today... a little injured, a little sick, a lot messy, but altogether on the mend and grateful for the many blessings we enjoy. Here's to a great Thursday!
2 comments:
I sort of feel like maybe we left the Nish family curse at your house or something. This sounds like something that should have happened to us..we seem to invite those kind of things. However, I dont usually get the cleaning crew at the end..darn my husband not having a job he can barter with for me! Oh well..he is quite good at cleaning, and does the bathrooms about every week or so! I hope your clean house is will be just a sign of things to come..and that number 3 will at least wait until next week for sure!
oh, the misery of a hurt baby and then a gallbladder attack on top of it. i would have someone else come clean too if i were you! hope you are able to enjoy your weekend
Post a Comment