Thursday, July 23, 2009

At one with the universe

Ahhhhh serenity! The week has taken a much needed turn and I am at one with the universe again. Today, I met three of my new best friends! They came and for three hours, they dusted and scoured and scrubbed and mopped and vacuumed their ways into my heart to bring peace back into my life. My house is beautifully clean and I cannot tell you how wonderful that feels! I know it's obnoxious to go on like this because this is a bit of an extravagance that some cannot enjoy, but after a week such a mine, I feel a little it a little necessary to share the bliss that I have found. It's somewhat ridiculous how wonderful it feels to have such a clean house! I don't often consider my house to be incredibly messy (though there are days!); but today, it got the deep cleaning that I just don't have time for and I see how lovely it really can be. Even the kids noticed the difference! (And by "the kids," I include Nora's children as they are a fairly regular fixture in my home as well.) They giddily ran through the house basking in its cleanliness. Makes me sort of ashamed that it's not always so clean, but who can manage that?! After seeing the beautiful results and the great mood it put me in, Mike agreed that this ought to be a regular occurance. Twice a month!!! I know, I'm ridiculously spoiled but I don't care. Can't beat a good bartering relationship!

After my new friends wrapped up, Nora and I loaded up the kids and went to McDonald's for dinner (Like I was going to make a mess in my beautiful kitchen already!). We all had lots of fun... McD's has become a bit of a hang out for the five of us! Afterwards, we did a little shopping. We felt it necessary for me to have a great outfit for my little get away with Mike. White House Black Market to the rescue! It was a fabulous little trip to one of my favorite stores. I sort of splurged on an outfit-- it was my "I've lost 50 pounds and can wear size 8!" outfit that everyone insisted that I've earned. Mostly, it was just fun to be there with Nora who has been one of my biggest supporters and cheer leaders through my weight-loss journey. Gotta love some fun, girly shopping with a great friend!!

As for Lacey, she's doing great! We've decided that she's well enough to stay with Nanny and Papa for the weekend while we enjoy our time away. It's going to be so hard to leave her and we're going to miss her like crazy, but we know she'll love having the time with her wonderful grandparents and that she probably won't miss us at all! So, off I go to fold up one more load of laundry and in the morning, we're off for a brief escape. Have a great weekend, all!

No comments: