Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

A perfect end to any week (especially with the way our week began!)...
We had a blast in Arizona this weekend! I can't believe how quickly it went, but every second was perfection! The hotel, or shall I say resort, was gorgeous. CJ Mertz only books the nicest places for these little get aways so off to the Fairmount Princess Resort in Scottsdale, we went. After a surprisingly easy flight, we landed, picked up a rental car, and made our way to our retreat. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were told that they had over booked and asked if we would be ok with an upgrade to a cottage suite. I mean, really... how dare they?! I think that was Heavenly Father's way of apologizing for a rough start to the week! It was such a gorgeous secluded suite with a cute little patio, a huge bathroom, and the world's most comfortable bed that I wanted so badly to bring home as a souvenier. It was all very luxurious!

After relaxing in the pool for a bit, we got ready for the seminar to begin. We spent Friday evening and the full day Saturday at what was the best seminar we'd ever been to together. These weekends always fire us up, but this one was particularly inspiring. I love sharing this growth with Mike because I feel just as much a part of the practice as he is... well, almost as much anyway. :) We were reminded of the importance of our mission and felt the passion for chiropractics deepen within each of us. We each gained quite a lot this weekend. In particular, I personally feel that I can do a much better job of sharing what we know and being an even more active part of the practice. One story was shared of a young boy, 10 maybe, who suffered from no less than three serious afflictions, one of which was fetal alcohol syndrom. From the time he was adopted by his parents five years ago, and surely for his entire life before that, he had been confined to a wheel chair, he couldn't talk or even make eye contact with people, and he had multiple seizures a day. He had never slept through the night. When the pastor of the family's church asked for the prayers of the congregation on behalf of the boy who would likely soon die, a chiropractor from our team approached him and advised that he send the family to his office. The humble family of little means did and after one adjustment, the little boy walked for the first time in years. Within a few adjustments, he was beginning to talk and interact with his parents. He very rarely has seizures any more and he typically sleeps through the night now. This miraculous story was shared on the news in their local town, which news clip we were able to see. They showed pictures and video of the little boy previous to his being adjusted and they showed video of him now. It was all very real and truly inspiring. Many of us were brought to tears and so grateful for the opportunity we have of being part of such a work. I often see and hear of people with various problems and think "They need to get adjusted!" but don't have the nerve to suggest it. A lot of people think that chiropractics isn't real or that it's simply for pain. So, I want to do a better job of sharing what we know. Surely, I don't see it as being a cure-all. When nerve interference from misalignments is removed, however, all kinds of great things can happen. I've seen it relieve Lacey of ear infections, it's helped to calm my gallbladder attacks, headaches, colds, and sinus problems, and I've heard amazing things from our own patients. I love this work and I'm so proud of Mike for doing what he does!!!

Ok... anyway... back to us. :) Here are a few pictures that prove that Mike and I do still exist (in spite of the fact that 98% of pictures we take anymore are of Lacey!)...



LOVED all of the beautiful plants and flowers throughout the resort. It smelled absolutely divine!

Had to get a picture by a cactus!
And here's Mike digging into his omelett on our cute little patio. Yum, yum!

After the seminars ended, we went to dinner and then came back to swim a bit more. It was so great to be just the two of us for a couple of days. We are so grateful for these opportunities to grow closer to each other and strengthen our marriage. We are truly very, very blessed!

But of course, we really missed our Lacey-bug! It was very difficult leaving her on Friday and I definitely shed some tears at the airport. Fortunately, though, she did wonderfully with Nanny and Papa. She did ask for us but from what they tell us, she never cried for us and just had a great time. Her injury has been healing perfectly and she didn't even need motrin at all throughout the weekend. It's SOOOO comforting to know that she was so well taken care of and that she loves her Nanny and Papa so much. Nora was also sweet enough to come get Lacey to play so that she could see the kids and have that comfort. We're also grateful for her and how much Lacey loves her! Did I say we're so blessed yet? Cuz we are!!
Coming home was so much fun. Lacey was so excited that she was giddy for some time after we got home. She kept running back and forth between Mike and I giving us hugs over and over again. I don't think I'll be able to leave her sight or even put her down for at least a few days, but that's ok. I missed her and am so happy to be home with her!

So that was our weekend! So so much fun! The next seminar is in November in NEW YORK!!! I have never been and have always wanted to go. I don't know how it's all going to work out, but I truly hope it does. This will be a dream for me! I am one lucky girl!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, part of me wants to tell you how glad I am that all went well, and that your weekend was wonderful! The other part of me wants to tell you that I hate your guts! But, I will use my better judgment and tell you that I am glad you had a great time, and hope that it made for a great start to a new week!!

brittany said...

you are such a hottie!!! Glad you had fun :)