After 16 months of dealing with random and frequent bouts of excruciating pain, I am happy to announce that my gallbladder's days are numbered! Next Thursday, August 6th, is the joyous day that it will be removed from my body for good. I am inclined to sing the hallelujah chorus! I realize that surgery is by no means exciting, and I wish to goodness that there way another way to solve this problem... or that I didn't have it to begin with, since I'm wishing... but alas, it has to be done. No longer will I have to suffer the pain of an attack. Never again will I cautiously eat something, all the while wondering if it will send me into a night full of agony. I fear I may gain 10 pounds fairly quickly, but oh well! :)
As for the insurance situation, HA! You really thought it would work in our favor, didn't you? How naive of you! No, actually, it's not working out for us at all. Not only did they decline the changes that we requested, but now, as suspected, they are questioning whether or not they'll cover anything given that it appears as though we lied on our original application. Fortunately, I was able to at least prove that I did not see the final application before it was submitted, but that may not be enough. We'll see. Either way, we're going to be paying out the nose for this stupid operation, which kind of takes away from my excitement for relief. Gr. Insurance is a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!! Better stop before I spill this can of worms all over the place...
At least relief is on its way. That is what I'll focus on. Relief. Ahhh sweet relief.
2 comments:
i can't believe you are having such a hard time with your insurance- that really sucks. And just so you know- most people lose weight after that surgery :)
Well..I guess no time is a good time for surgery, but at least you can get some relief!! I sure hope you are well enough to join the family festivities on Sunday for Mallory's blessing, but if not, we will understand. Talk to you soon..the kids are asking to come down so we may have to work that out in the next few days!
Post a Comment