Tuesday, August 4, 2009

At odds with the universe again

The universe and I are not on speaking terms yet again. It has been rude recently. Very, very rude... and all too demanding of our MONEY! In the last two weeks, we have...

- Required a plumber to come and fix the toilet and our water pressure: $167.00
- Solicited the assistance of a sprinkler guy to come remedy the problems there: $90.00
- Fixed the extremely long crack in my windshield that has needed to be repaired for 2 years: $291.00
- Called in the alarm system technician to fix the alarm that was struck by lightning: at least $35.00, probably more.
- Had a sonogram done to determine what's going on with my gallbladder: $108.00
- And today, we learned that the surgery to remove said gallbladder is going to be at least $8000.. possibly closer to $9000.

I feel like I'm forgetting something.

SERIOUSLY?!?! I could cry. It's life, I realize, but this is the not-so-fun part of life. Everything will work out and we'll get it all taken care of over time, but ugggggggggggg!!!

So what am I gonna do about it? Well, Nora has called in a babysitter for a couple of hours and we are going to go get pedicures. Frivolous? Yes. Less expensive than a therapist though! :)

Fortunately, my cleaning crew is coming tomorrow so maybe the universe and I will come to terms again. We'll see.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am of the firm opinion that there is nothing that a good pedicure and a cleaning crew can't fix. I stand by that. :)

Megan Bartlett said...

You're hilarious, linds! I'm so sorry about all the expenses. It always seems to come crashing down all at once! But look at it this way: ONce you fix all this stuff, you'll go through another (hopefully long) amount of time when nothing will need fixing! :) Right? Right? And I'm reeeally sorry about your gall bladder. That sucks. :( Poor Linds! At least you're gorgeous and have and ADORABLE baby!