Friday, August 7, 2009
Still alive...
Just checking in to let everyone know that surgery went well and I'm hanging in there. We checked in at 5:45, surgery began at 7:30, and checked out at 10:30. How's that for efficient? I'm not exactly sure how I feel about them getting me out of there so quickly. I woke up from the anesthesia in quite a lot of pain, they administered several medications back to back, and had me out the door as soon as I was able to use the restroom. Never mind that I was still in a lot of pain... I guess that $6300 to the hospital only bought me 4 hours! I've been in pain consistently since I woke up, which I was told to anticipate but I didn't realize how much pain I would be in. Maybe I've just been too conservative on the medication and should have been taking two pills all along instead of the one. Oh well. I'm getting better and hope that I'll be back to normal quite soon. I've really appreciated having people around who are taking such good care of me. My mom came and stayed with us the night before so that she could be at the hospital with me during surgery and then she stayed with me the rest of that day and part of today. It was great to have her company as I was stuck on the couch all day and I loved that Lacey had some one-on-one time with her. They had a lot of fun and it was so comforting to see Lacey being taken care of in much the same way as I would have. Nora has also been a great comfort and help. Just the sound of that woman's voice can make any day of mine better! Looove me some Nora! And Lacey adores her as well! After my mom left and Lacey woke up from her nap, she was definitely wanting me to hold her. Nora came to the rescue just in time and it was sweet to see Lacey clinging to her for that mommy comfort that she needed. It was a little heart-breaking that I couldn't give it to her, but it just makes me all the more grateful for my wonderful neighbor and dear friend. Love you, Nora! Of course, Lacey was also well cared for by Nanny during the surgery and will get to see her again tomorrow. She is definitely feeling the effects of me not holding her by now so I know that she'll be more than ready for a day with Nanny! And then there's my sweet, sweet husband. He's never really had to take care of me when I'm down before so this is a new experience. He's been great with Lacey and has tended to my every need. The man who rarely changes diapers has jumped to it every time, he's gotten her bathed and dressed and fed on his own, and he's giving her more than enough love for the both of us. He's been no less sweet and tender with me. Love him! I hate hate hate being down and I hate even more that I can't hold Lacey... that's definitely starting to get to me... but I am so very grateful to have so many people who love all of us so much. Thanks to all of you!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was just thinking about you and how you are doing down there in Arlington. Is anyone bringing meals to you guys? Do you want me to keep Lacey up here at all? You don't want my kids running around your house, but I can come down there and pick her up and bring her home with me for the day, Monday??? I don't know how long you will be down, or what you are up for but I am more than happy to help. I am ashamed to say that I simply don't even know what you need. You would think we lived hours away from each other. It's only 45 minutes (or so). Seriously, just let me know!
Hang in there! Wish I'd known you were only taken one of your painkillers instead of two..you sneaky thing. I would have mushed another one up in your smoothie! Haha! You know I'm here for you -- anything I can swing, I'll do. I'm flying solo now, so we can officially re-attach at the hip. Love you!
Post a Comment