Saturday, August 8, 2009

Recovery is BORING!

I am here, only semi-coherent (love those narcotics I'm taking!) with absolutely nothing interesting to say. I am simply bored. I have been lying around the house for three days now and as much as I love my beautiful little home, I'm ready to PLAY! Of course, these stitches and pains tell me otherwise, so the couch and I remain good friends for a few days longer.
Still recovering relatively well, I suppose. I think I've been in more pain than I should have been, but after discussing the instructions given to friends who have had this operation, I realize that I just wasn't given enough instructions from my surgeon and nurses. I haven't been taking nearly enough meds nor have I been doing some of the other things that brought relief to those friends of mine. Doing those simple little things has helped some, and I've been able to eat a bit more today which has also helped. I SHOWERED today, which was just wonderful. Mike and I did get out for a bit when we took Lacey to play with Nanny and Papa followed by a brief shopping trip to get a more comfortable skirt to wear to Mallory's blessing tomorrow. I learned a handy little lesson there-- don't go shopping when on narcotics! I didn't think I was out of it, but I couldn't even put an outfit together. I ended up buying a shirt that looks all too much like something that could be worn at the temple. I'm all about the temple, you know, but the shirt is going back!

Lacey is taking this pretty hard. She has definitely been much more emotional than normal and hates not being held by me. It's tearing me apart, too. I miss her! I am amazed, though, by her instinctive nature. It has seemed since the moment I got home from surgery that she knew something was up. When I layed down on the couch that day, she very tenderly came and layed her head on me to give a sweet little hug. She's continued to be quite gentle when she's near me, which is not generally the case. Usually, we roll around, tickle each other, and she climbs all over me. As much as she would love for me to hold her, she doesn't actually ask for me to as much as she normally would. I think being near me is sufficient but she seems to know that more than that is not ok right now. Sometimes she just seems so mature beyond her 18 months of life. Of course, she's getting away with murder these days and eating far too many fruit snacks in the mean time! She's been spoiled by everyone and is certainly enjoying her freedoms. Hopefully reigning her back in won't be too difficult... I may have a big task ahead of me there!

Tomorrow, it's fun, fun, fun with the Whelan family! Little Mallory is being blessed, Courtlyn's 2nd birthday is being celebrated, and we're hoping to get to enjoy all of it! It's going to be fun to be around my family-- there's always comfort in a good laugh, and those are plentiful when we get together! Gonna have to be careful not to bust any stitches! :)

Ok, I've rambled long enough. I warned you that I had nothing interesting to say! Now I am going to take up residence on my faithful couch while Mike goes and watches UFC night with the guys. He has absolutley earned just such a night! Soon enough, we'll all be back to normal in our house and then I'm ready to enjoy the remaining days of summer!!!

No comments: