Wednesday, August 12, 2009

On the mend

I am happy to say that I am beginning to feel human again. YAY!!! I haven't taken any pain meds today and though there is still a bit of pain, I feel much better without the loopy drugs. I felt pretty good yesterday and may have over done it a touch, which left me a little more tired and out of it today. Even still, I'm getting much better and can happily play with Lacey more. I found out today that I'm not supposed to lift her for another week!! The surgeon originally told me one week but changed his tune today. Who can do that?! He said "do what you have to do, but avoid as much carrying as possible," so that is what I will do. The poor thing just wants me to hold and carry her, but I guess we'll have to force a little more patience out of her. She was happy to go to the pool with us this evening and then we took her out to dinner. I think she's getting just as stir crazy as I have been so it was an enjoyable evening out for all of us. Soon enough, I'll be able to get back to normal life. I'm ready to work out, tend to my garden-in-distress, and just get out and enjoy the rest of the summer. Fortunately, I have a very bright light at the end of the tunnel-- my wonderful best friend is coming to visit me from Utah! YAYYY FOR MELANIE!!! Can't wait until Tuesday!!!

A special thanks to everyone who has helped us through all of this surgery and recovery business!!! We feel so very blessed and grateful to have so many people nearby who love us so much. Thank you for taking care of my family!!!

I need to take pictures! I'll try to post some soon! Meanwhile, have a great evening!

No comments: