Thursday, July 16, 2009

Where a kid can be a kid...


Yesterday was the first of many trips to Chuck E Cheese for Lacey. We went to celebrate her friend Cali's first birthday. It was little much for a 17-month-old, but she found her happy place on this little fixture...




Isn't she precious? I sort of felt the need to bathe her in bleach afterwards, but I guess I'll have to get over that. Love those grimy, kid- and germ-infested etablishments... and I am fully aware that this is only the beginning. Lovely.

In other news, the week seems to be ending a bit more peacefully than it began. After my frustrating dealings with insurance companies, agents, and the surgeon's office, everything is moving forward to what will hopefully be the best possible outcome. We've submitted a new application to see if we can change our policy to increase coverage and we're crossing our fingers that the preexisting gallbladder problems won't cause them to deny us. Please, oh please, oh please! The good news from the surgeon's office is that once the surgery takes place, healing is quick and we won't have to delay our plans for another baby by much. Regardless of the answer from the insurance company, the surgery will happen at the beginning of August and I can't wait to get rid of this blasted organ! I remain grateful for the way things have happened, though. If we hadn't been opposed to the surgery and continued trying different options, I would have gone in for it without realizing that the surgery would not have been covered at all until August 1st. That would have been insanely expensive! So while I've certainly suffered through many very painful attacks, it was for the best. Never thought I'd say that! All's well that ends well, though, and soon I'll be free from the pain and getting ready for baby number 2 (and 3, if Mike gets his way!). We can't wait for that and know from experience that we will be very blessed in all ways that we need.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

meridith said...

So glad to hear your positive attitude. Love ya!

brittany said...

she gets prettier every day. Please don't be the mom that sanatizes every toy at Chuck E Cheese before she lets her kid ride!! There really was a lady like that when we went with mom and heather!! Seriously??