Thursday, September 3, 2009

Carousel Ride!

Today was a fun-filled day at Grapevine Mills Mall! Lacey was due for a new fall wardrobe so I called my mom, who later invited Amber along, and we all met up to handle business and have some fun.
Part of the fun was found on the carousel. Lacey had never riden one and I was unsure of how she'd do, but that smile speaks for itself!


This was as much of the three kids as I could get in the shot. RJ, Courtlyn and Lacey played quite well together today. So fun!
Here's RJ! Don't tell the other kids, but RJ is a bit of a favorite around here. I, as a loving aunt, am impartial and love each of my nieces and nephews equally. Mike, however, has taken quite a liking to little, ok, BIG RJ! He's a pretty fun kid, I have to admit. :)

Cute little Courtlyn!

Mike was a bit sad not to be there for this experience and has already requested that we go to the mall tomorrow so he can take Lacey on a carousel ride. Yes. My husband asked to go to the mall. Thank you, Lacey, for liking that carousel... Momma can do some more shopping! Hehe... kidding!

Now, scroll back up a bit to the picture of the three kiddos and notice Lacey's shoes. Clearly, they do not go with the outfit she was wearing. In fact, they were not the shoes that she wore into the mall. We had gone into Striderite to assemble her shoe wardrobe. I tried this cute little pair of black patent leather shoes on her to see if they would work for church. As soon as I put them on her, she looked at me and said "I love them!" She said that over and over again and would not take them off for anything. I wanted to try other shoes on her, but as soon as I started to take the black ones off, she flipped out. She had fallen in love. She wore them around the store and through the mall, prancing and adoring her shiny new shoes. It was pretty hysterical to watch my girly little girl. Her personality is shining through more and more and she just cracks us up. Love this baby girl!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

brittany said...

ok, first off I had to laugh at the size difference w/ R.J. on the horse and then theres Courtlyn-too funny! And what kid doesn't love the carousel?

Kayla said...

Shoe fetishes start early. Melena is the worst in my house. When she was only 8 months old she would happily play in the shoe store for 30+ minutes trying on pair after pair!