Today was a day that requires more than a simple post on Facebook. It was far too good a day for that! (A note to my formerly faithful bloggers: where are you?? Facebook is not sufficient! I miss my nightly reading material.) Some may not deem this day to be overly monumental, and perhaps it wasn't. It was simply one of those days that makes me realize how very much I love my life. Who couldn't use more days like that?
It began fairly early with a 6:00 am text message from a dear friend sharing wonderful news. It is not my news to share, and so I won't, but it left me with a day full of excitement for this friend of mine. I love good news, especially to start the day. So thanks, dear friend, for sharing your news with me!
A few hours later, I took my somewhat sleepy and underused body to a fitness kickboxing class with Mike. This would be my first real workout since my surgery and I was a little fearful at how it would go. This was not one of those turbo kickboxing classes at any local gym. No, indeed. We were at a bonified martial arts school, taking out whatever aggression we had on punching bags. Funny how you don't realize that you even have much aggression until you have something you can really kick and punch! It was a great workout and so fun to do with Mike. I was proud of both of us for sticking it out for the entire hour while the other classmates were dropping all around us. A tough pair, no?
After a delicious grilled mahi mahi sandwich (that I cooked myself, no less!), we took a very needed siesta and woke with just enough time to get ready for date night! That too was the first time we've done that since the surgery. Very needed! We went for some very tasty sushi and then off to see Julie and Julia. Yes, I dragged my husband to see that.
It was delightful! I truly cannot recall a movie I have enjoyed so much in a very long time. Apparently, I was beaming through much of the movie. For that reason, and possibly that reason alone, Mike was able to enjoy the movie. He loved seeing my reaction, which makes me love him all the more. Simple things! I so adored the relationship between Julia Child and her husband Paul, played by none other than the remarkable Meryl Streep and the so very charming Stanley Tucci. The way he looked at her reminded me very much of what I see in Mike so often. I love that about him as well. I was also so inspired by the whole theme of the movie. I loved Amy Adams and the mission of the character she played. I love the idea of finding something you love and passionately pursuing it, regardless of how ridiculous it seems. I love the idea of setting goals, lofty as they may seem, and determining the finish them in spite of difficulty. And I love supportive husbands who make a woman feel like she can do absolutely anything. I have that. I love that about him too.
We picked Lacey up and drove home, laughing at her funny little personality. I adore her.
I am renewed by this great day full of great news, a great workout, a great movie, my great husband, and my great daughter. Life is great!
3 comments:
Might there be a new little peacock coming to join us??? Just a guess.
I am so glad that you had such a great day. I feel as if I have not been great at the big sister thing with recent drama over here. We are settling and waiting for the floor nightmare to subside, and in the meantime you are kicking butt! I am so impressed that you managed to keep up the workout and get in a nap AND a date! That is a big day indeed. Enjoy these happy days!
No new Peacocks that I'm aware of. Good guess though. :) I'll tell ya later... just don't want to spoil someone else's news.
You haven't been bad at anything! I'm well aware of your plight, and I'm quite sympathetic. We haven't really had much going on over here anyway so you haven't missed anything major. Just staying busy and trying to enjoy these great days and happy moments!
I am glad to hear you had such a good day! And, be sure that someday Mike sees the other movie, just to appreciate the fact that I warned you not to take him to see it!! I feel like I need to start some sort of cool blog now..mine feels so lame in comparison...really!
Post a Comment