Saturday, August 22, 2009

Best Friends!!!


What a great week!!! This week, my best friend Melanie flew in from Utah to pay us a visit! I hadn't seen her in two years, which is just too long to ever go again. We had such a fantastic time!!

Aren't we cute? :) People have always asked us if we're sisters... apparently we share a resemblance. ??


Hopefully Melanie won't mind me posting a picture of her in a bathing suit! (You shouldn't-- you look GREAT!!) I just loved this picture of Melanie and Lacey. Lacey loooooooooooooooooves Melanie! She had never met her before but she warmed right up to her as soon as she came in on Tuesday. She wanted to be right next to Melanie all week and was so comfortable playing with her, being changed by her, eating with her, and she even wanted Melanie to do the nap-time rocking job yesterday. It was so sweet to see those two together and I know Melanie just loved every minute of it.

So a quick run down of the week:
On Tuesday, we decided to start the trip off with a scenic trip to THE SURGEON'S OFFICE!!!! "Why?", you ask? Well, because my suspicions were right-- I was in more pain and feeling more sick than I should have been after the surgery. Without going into the very disgusting details, I will simply report that I had a major infection where the gall bladder was removed. The surgeon said that it likely began pretty quickly after surgery and was the very reason that I was in so much pain and feeling so sick. In other words, I wasn't just being a baby!!!! It was horrendous.. even the surgeon and Melanie (who is a nurse) were disgusted by it. Ew. Seriously? Ew! I am happy to report, though, that after taking care of it and being on antibiotics, I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better! I seriously can't remember the last time I felt this good. Having an infected gall bladder for as long as I did left me feeling worse than I realized, I guess, because now I just feel incredible. It's funny how you get so used to something that you're not aware of it until it's gone. Now with the gall bladder out and the infection just about cleared up, I am a new woman! Oh, and it's fun to eat things without worrying about an attack! What a relief!!!

Anyway, back to the highlights of our week with Melanie:
Wednesday-- lunch with Kristen, a little shopping, swimming with Mike and Lacey, and dinner at home.
Thursday-- the zoo! Another trip to the pool, and sushi night at home!! Mmmmm, love me some sushi!!
Friday-- girls day out! My wonderful husband kept Lacey all day so that Melanie and I could go play. He even took her to the pool and McDonald's by himself, handled the bathing, feeding, changing, putting her to bed, and general care for an entire day. I was quite proud of him. Of course, he loved every minute of it and actually thanked me for giving him the opportunity to spend the day with Lacey. How sweet!! Meanwhile, Melanie and I were having some fun of our own! We began the day with a trip to the spa for a massage. It was by far the best massage I have ever had! If anyone in Arlington needs a recommendation, go see Jeanie at Avante. So great! Later, we found ourselves at the Galleria for some girly shopping fun and a nice dinner. It was a great day!

The entire visit was just great and exactly what we both needed after our own recent frustrations. I was sad to see her go and can't wait to see her again and to meet her husband. (Thanks for letting me borrow her, Mitchell!!!!) This was the high light of the summer and now, I'm ready and excited for life to get back to normal after a long break from routine. Now that I'm feeling better, I can't wait to get back to the gym with Mike, to tend to my house, to have so much fun with Lacey, to get back to cooking, to become an active part of the practice again, and to just live our wonderful little life here at Hughlett Headquarters.
Thanks again, Mel! Love you!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a fun time you had..after the healing of course:) Lacey is getting so dang big. Glad to hear that she liked the zoo, we will be heading there plenty during the fall/early winter months..NOW THAT I AM NOT BABYSITTING!! Ohh..does that seem a bit too excited:) We'll see you guys tomorrow.

Harris Family said...

I miss you! What a fun week we had! Let's not let it be 2 years again!