In the beginning, Lacey did great. She sat in my lap for a while, happily munching on M and M's and clapping at the adorable dancing elephant.
Soon, she was getting restless. I couldn't console her. Mike couldn't console her. Nanny couldn't console her. She asked for Haylee, but as you see, even Haylee couldn't console her...So I took her to walk around for a while. Here she is picking up confetti from the floor while the kids rode their animals. I did not love her picking up trash from a dirty floor, but she was happy, so I simply shrugged and took a picture. Memories being created here, people.
Later, after more restlessness and unsuccessful attempts at keeping her happy, she found joy running up and down this short corridor. She went back and forth for some time here and with each lap, she became a little more brave as she lengthened her distance. When she rounded the corner and bolted up a few stairs, her fun came to end and she found her way back to the stroller...
... where she fell asleep as I walked and walked and walked. Ok, so Lacey's experience at the circus was not ideal and I didn't get to catch much of it myself. It doesn't matter, though, because as Mike was walking the kids down the steps at the end, Grace looked up and enthusiastically said "Can we come again tonight?!" while the others shared in her desire. They had such a great time and it was altogether a really fun weekend. Like I said last year, it's so fun to get to be a part of the lives of my nieces and nephews. We look forward to next year's trip....... but in the mean time, we'll enjoy our peace and quiet! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment