Sunday, November 1, 2009

More of our "Lacey-bug"



Lacey had so much fun on Halloween!!! We partied with the Whelan bunch at Heather's house. The kids were all SO SO SO cute!!! It is so much fun seeing them trick-or-treating together. This was our first experience going out with Lacey and it was absolutely adorable. Sadly, my computer ate the trick-or-treating pictures. Yeah. I cried. They were so cute! In the beginning, Lacey wanted to be held and I had to present her little pumpkin to be filled with candy. Once she figured out what was going on, she happily ran to the doors and said "trick or treat!", reaching her hand out for the sugary goodness. They learn so young, right?! She was thrilled by any house with dogs and barked at them for added measure. Maybe she thought they had candy too?





These are the pictures that Kristen caught. Yes, her costume is a bit different from last week. This was the skirt that I wanted for her but it hadn't come in yet so I was worried it wouldn't in time. Fortunately, we got it and I LOVE IT!!! You may see it again on our Christmas cards. So cute! I have to admit that she is pretty much the most beautiful little ladybug ever! She got quite a lot of attention from friendly neighbors. She loved wearing her pretty costume and even tolerated the wings for most of the night. What can I say? She loves feeling pretty!

Given that we're having major sleeping issues with Lacey lately, these are the best images we got. She wasn't entirely enthused with the idea of taking pictures, but clearly the sucker did the trick to get her to smile. We're working on the sleeping thing, going slightly crazy in the mean time. Today was the first time she's napped in days and she's had very long nights a few times this week. Awesome. It's definitely stressing us out and really testing our patience, but after her nap today and a full night sleep last night, I'm hoping we're getting to the other side of it. Uy!

Otherwise, Lacey is doing fabulously! We can't believe how much she has grown! She is very talkative and has a great vocabulary for being so young. She loves doing intricate little things with her hands-- legos, Mr. Potato Head assembly, puzzles, buckling, etc. We catch her singing all the time and it just melts our hearts!! I'm in nursery with her now and I'm so proud to hear her singing the words to "I Am a Child of God" and other songs. They soak up so much at this age! She's enjoying making and playing with new friends and generally does pretty well sharing and getting along with others. Of course, she's got some of the "terrible twos" issues, but all in all, she's a very sweet, happy, and energetic little girl. Gosh, we love her!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

brittany said...

i claim that costume next year !!!!!!

Aaron, Cera, Jaylen and Gavin said...

what a doll! She is so cute as a little "lacey-bug"! Halloween was the best this year! Its fun when they get it! We can't wait for Christmas- it'll be way better this year for sure I think!

Harris Family said...

Oh yes! I LOVE the new skirt! She is absolutely adorable! Is it March yet? Are you here visiting...I miss you!