Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pizza!!!

Tonight, my little chef and I worked together to create a pizza masterpiece!
*Ok, Nora did most of the work yesterday when she made pizza dough. Gotta love when a friendly neighbor has a little extra!
Anyway, Lacey and I set out to assemble the pizza and here's what happened...

Here we are, rolling out the dough. Notice the apron that Lacey is wearing-- it was a gift from "Nema" Whelan. I actually have a matching apron and they are so stinking cute!!! One day, I'll have Mike get a picture of both of us sporting our cooking-wear... tonight, it was just Lacey and me and someone had to play photographer.
Lacey loved playing in the flour and making finger prints in the dough. Afterwards, we spread some olive oil onto the dough and what was intended to be a little bit of oregano sprinkled on top for added flavor. Well, I turned around for a brief moment to retrieve something and when I did, Lacey decided that the pizza needed much more oregano. She dumped nearly the entire jar of seasoning onto the crust! Ahhh cooking with a 2-yr-old! I wiped off as much as I could, but the pizza was left with a very strong taste.
She quite enjoyed throwing cheese on top of the pizza!

She couldn't wait for it to be finished cooking!

She even insisted on taking a picture of the pizza herself-- she is not only a budding chef, but an ametuer photographer as well!

So really, the pizza wasn't all that great. Lacey wouldn't even eat it! Papa John's certainly does it better than we do, but it was so fun to have this little cooking experience with Lacey! I'm sure there will be many more to come, but I'll definitely keep seasonings out of her reach next time!!

And in other news, life continues to move on quietly and happily here in our home. I am thrilled to be out of the first trimester of pregnancy and am feeling much better than I was previously. Of course, the exhaustion has now set in but what can ya do? Take a nap while she sleeps and hope to catch up on chores... later... :) I did have my first midwife appointment today and everything went perfectly well. We heard the baby's heart beat which was lots of fun. Baby and I are totally healthy, so what more can ya ask for? Lacey behaved quite well and really likes our midwife-- a huge bonus! We're so happy with them and are excited to be on this journey. There is a part of me that wants to hurry this pregnancy along, but as I realized tonight, I'll never have just one child again so I'm ok to enjoy doting over Lacey for a bit longer before we change her world completely. Of course, she is thrilled to be a big sister and hugs and kisses the baby frequently. So sweet!

And that's all I have to report from our camp... I'll try not stay away so long next time but I make no promises!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

brittany said...

that is great- i love those pictures!! I can't wait to have a big enough kitchen to have little helpers helping!!!

Kayla said...

So, do you and your little chef want to come make my dinner for me? I am feeling thoroughly uninspired tonight.

I'm glad that you're feeling better, the first trimester sucks!

tlwhelan8 said...

love the picture of her looking in the oven..I would blow that up and put it in the kitchen

Anonymous said...

we tried homemade pizza recently, and decided we didnt like it much either! Sorry,but Domino's has been good to us all this time, why stop now:) Cute pictures, though...next time try making cookies! We always like that outcome the most.