Tuesday, March 9, 2010

and lately..

This is our little Valentine in her adorable little Valentine's dress! (Don't mind the unsightly trash can behind her!) V-day has become a favorite holiday in our home since we got married. Our first was spent in Hawaii on our honeymoon and our second found us enjoying the day quietly at home with our brand new baby. We tend to go all out for the big day and did just that this year. Mike had two beautiful bouquets of flowers delivered a few days before-- one for me and one for Lacey. We spent Saturday celebrating as a couple (after a fun trip to the museum with my fam) with a couple's massage, movie, and PF Changs at home. It was a little crazier this year that in the past, and nausea was still a constant companion, but we made the most of it and had a great day together. We have lots of love to enjoy in our little world!


Here we are on a recent family outing to the zoo. We love going! Of course, it was supposed to be a nicer day than it turned out to be, but once we told Lacey we were going, we couldn't convince her of anything else. Undeterred, we enjoyed a fun and busy day, checking out the animals (monkeys are still her fav!), dancing with Daddy while they made up songs for various animals, playing, eating lunch, and riding on the train. I'm amused by the little smirk on her face here. I believe it was a look meant for Mike, as if to say "Ok, I'll appease Mom for a moment here, but we all know I want to sit with you!"
And though this picture is a bit distant, I love it! I love that she is holding is hand and looking up at him as they walk towards me. We all know they have a great bond, but it never ceases to amaze me and I am so grateful that my kids get to have him as their father. (He's a pretty great husband, too!)

Ok, this was just cute! My mom bought this adorable little jacket and hat for Lacey early in the fall but it didn't quite fit her until recently. Doesn't she look like she could walk the streets of London? She LOVES the ensemble! She says it's her "jacket like Ella's" and wants to wear it all the time-- Ella being the adorable 4-yr-old little girl of my friend Jamie, who we met through play group (aka- sanity break!). It was funny to me that at such a young age, she already looked up to an older child in that way. Of course, I used to admiration to my advantage when it came time to give up the bottle a few weeks ago-- "Do you want to be a big girl like Ella and Lola (Ella's sister who is Lacey's age)? They don't drink bottles!" And with that, the bottle was gone!! I was certain there would be a huge battle for at least a week, but as soon as Ella and Lola's names were mentioned, Lacey was totally cool with it. Triumph! I mean, maybe it's not great parenting to compare her to other children, but I'll deal with that complex later! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: