Tuesday, July 20, 2010

32 Weeks!!

Hello all,
Here we are, at 32 weeks and 2 days of this pregnancy. I sort of can't believe that we're only 8 weeks from our due date, but on the other hand it still feels quite far away. I know it will go by more quickly than I am quite prepared for, but I really just can't wait to hold little Michayla in my arms and for our happy little family to be a bit less little. :)

Lacey and I went to see our midwife, Christy, today. I don't know if I ever rave quite enough about Ms. Christy! I've always felt extremely comfortable with her, as has Mike, but it means so much to me that Lacey trusts and adores her as much as she does. We all know that Lacey has a difficult time getting completely comfortable with people, so it makes me happy when she willingly allows Christy or Amanda (her assistant) to pick her up and play with her. She loves when we get to "check the baby" and I'm thrilled that she gets to be such a part of all of this.
Anyway, the check up went well. Michayla is head down already, which is comforting-- at least I don't have to worry about a breech situation (it's extremely rare for them to change position at this point). Her heart rate was 145, I believe, and all of my numbers were great. Healthy mom, healthy baby. I did finally find out the cause of my extreme discomfort and trip to the ER a few weeks ago. It would appear as though I do have the group B strep bacteria, which is extremely common and certainly no cause for alarm. What is uncommon about it is that it seems to have gotten into my bladder and such, which is why I thought I had a UTI. Anyway, gross details aside, it really isn't a big deal. It's typically treated with antibiotics, but since it's still early enough, we're going to try a few natural things to get rid of it and if that doesn't work, I'll go ahead and do the antibiotics before Michayla is born. One of the things Christy suggested was that I go off of sugar for four weeks, as bacteria thrives on it. Yikes!!! Not an easy thing for anyone to do, much less pregnant! I'm going to give it a shot, but I'm certainly not going to make myself crazy... this just isn't the time! I am glad to know the cause of my problem and hopefully it will all be a thing of the past very soon. Otherwise, the pregnancy is fine and things look great. Still working out and staying active, trying to keep myself busy! I've been asked for pregnancy pictures and as it turns out, there really aren't any pictures of me since I got pregnant.. guess I've been avoiding the cameras. :) I'll see if I can post something soon, not to mention some of the very cute pictures we've taken of Lacey recently.

We're excited to be going on a little family trip this weekend to San Antonio. Mike has a chiropractic seminar there, so we thought we'd all go and make a mini-vacation out of it. Not sure how much we'll get to do, but it will just be fun to get away for a few days and have the time together, away from everything else. Just over a week later, Lacey and I are taking a bigger trip to Madison, Wisconsin to see my best friend, Melanie!! I am so excited!!! I haven't seen her in nearly a year and I've never met her husband or the beautiful baby they recently welcomed into the world. I know it seems a bit crazy to some for me to be traveling at 34 weeks pregnant, but we feel really good about it. As with all decisions, Mike and I were very thoughtful and prayerful about it and have no worries. It will be sad to be away from him for that long... we've never gone for more than 2 days (once) and this will be 5. :( We realize, though, that it's certainly not going to get any easier or less expensive for me to travel so off I go on a little adventure. Can't wait!!

Well, I think that's more than enough from me for now... off to bed I go, hopefully to get to good night's sleep!

No comments: