Thursday, July 8, 2010

Just a few random pics..

While we wait just a bit longer for our computer to be up and running (just need a wireless card for it now... should be remedied this weekend!!), here are a few pictures that Nanny has taken of Lacey recently...

4th of July!! Some time late last summer, Aunt Michelle and I were doing a little shopping and fell in love with this dress at Janie and Jack. It was very on sale, so I had to purchase it, hoping it would fit this year... LOVE it!! She was so dang cute in it and would not take it off all day long. (This isn't exactly the best picture of her in the world, but we could not get her to act normal for this shot so this was the best Nanny could get.) By the way, Michelle, she was also wearing the bow you made for her last year at the bottom of her two french braids, but it can't be seen in this picture. You definitely helped to dec her out for the holiday!!

Other than the cute dress, our celebration of the 4th was fairly uneventful. We didn't wait up for fireworks and the weather prohibited us from the typical pool and bbq fun that we might otherwise have enjoyed. Of course, Mike was pretty content with his UFC fight night with the guys on Saturday and a few of us girls enjoyed getting away from all of it by hiding out at our house (it's a great system we've developed together!). We enjoyed a nice family meal at Nanny's on Sunday and then it was back to work for Mike on Monday while Lacey and I went about our typical day-to-day routine.


Just a funny little shot on another Sunday afternoon at Nanny's... this girl is all personality these days! She may still be shy around people she doesn't know, but when she's comfortable, she's pretty hysterical. She's been impressing us lately with her very Whelan-like love of singing. She does it all the time! She can often be found singing any number of her favorite songs, most of which she knows all the words to, or humming or making up her own songs. It's so adorable and just melts my heart! Definitely takes after her momma that way... :)


Love her!
We are definitely digging summer time around here! Ok, Lacey and Daddy are digging it... I am enduring it... She LOVES the pool and begs to go every day. Imagine how disappointing last week was when it rained practically every day! Poor thing woke up every morning and said "I hope it's not raining today, Mom." Fortunately, we've stolen an afternoon swim or two this week and there are sure to be many more to come.
As for little Miss Michayla, she seems to be happy and healthy in her cozy little home. She is a very active little thing, much like Lacey was, and loves to play with us when we talk to her. I am close to 31 weeks now so we are nearing the end! I cannot wait to hold her and to see what she looks like. Part of me would love to have one who looks like me, but I don't know if I think it could get much cuter than Lacey so another Daddy look-alike wouldn't bother me one bit. I am nervous, as probably all second time moms are, about splitting myself between two kids now. I realize, of course, that I'll love them both equally and that our little family will only be happier, but I'm still a little sad for Lacey to have to share us. She's been our world these last 2ish years and now she'll have to share us. I'll look back later and think "what was I worried about??", I'm sure. For now, though, I'll just enjoy doting all over my one child while I can.
To prepare for the birth, as I may have mentioned, we're taking a 12-week series of classes known as the Bradley method. We're through class 5 now and we're actually really enjoying it for the most part. Hopefully we'll remember everything when the time comes! The class is largely designed to teach Mike how to be my labor coach. The hope is that with this preparation and our wonderful midwife and assistant, we'll have the natural delivery that we're hoping for. Guess we'll see in 9ish weeks!
And now, it's off to bed. Good night all!

No comments: