Well, I generally feel that a photo-less update is fairly boring and pointless but it just seems strange that I haven't blogged in so long so here I am, photo-less, but updating... for anyone who cares...
Summer has hit in Texas!! With temperatures that have already exceeded the 100 degree mark, I'm a little nervous about enduring the third trimester here in the Texas heat, but so far, the pool has kept me quite happy. Fortunately, Lacey LOVES to be at the pool so we spend lots of time there. Every free hour we find, we make our way to our lovely Lifetime Fitness to splash and play and soak up some rays. It's especially fun, of course, when Daddy is with us-- it's definitely become our favorite family past time. Today was unique, though, because we stole an opportunity to drive up to Highland Village to swim with some cousins. It's always fun to see Lacey playing with the kids while I enjoy the company of my sisters and it makes me wish that we lived even closer... some day, I hope! But for now, we're grateful for these opportunities and I'll take 'em where I can get 'em. I'm sure there will be plenty more opportunities for summer fun in the coming months!
As for the pregnancy, I am officially in the third trimester! YAY!!! I'm not sure if I mentioned it here before, but we did find out that we are having another girl. We're all so happy about that!! I was hoping for that all along, but Mike would not confess his preference. Of course we all know that he loves having a little girl, but he maintained the "I'll be happy whatever it is" mantra for the first 21 weeks of pregnancy. When Lacey was told during the ultrasound that she was getting a baby sister, though, Mike's face said it all-- he is getting exactly what he wanted! It's always so sweet to me to see how much he loves Lacey and I am so excited to see him with another of our daughters. They are lucky girls for sure... we all are!
Her name is Michayla Raelynn. Michayla is after Mike and Raelynn is a combination of both grandmother's middle names-- Rae, after Mike's mom, and Lynn, after mine. We love that her name has so much significance, not to mention a pretty ring to it. :)
Mike and I recently started taking Bradley classes to prepare for the birth. It's a 12-week course that educates on many things, including nutrition and well-being during the pregnancy to coping methods for a natural birth. It's also referred to as "Husband-coached childbirth", which is exactly what we want. Mike was as great as he could have been when I was in labor with Lacey, but Michayla's birth will be a completely different scenario and his role will be quite a bit more involved. We are using a midwife for this birth and going completely natural. Of course, I realize this is not standard for most women, and we certainly have our critics, but we feel extremely comfortable with the choices we have made and cannot wait to have this experience.
We have 10 weeks left of the class and then just a few more weeks until little Michayla will be here! Wow... now it's starting to go by fast! The pregnancy continues to be going pretty well with only the typical aches and pains that accompany any pregnancy. I'm still working out regularly, though that does not seem to be slowing down any weight gain, I'm frustrated to say! Ok, not really frustrated anymore... I lost it once, I can do it again (that's what I tell myself anyway!). Lacey seems to have some understanding of what's happening, although I know the reality of a new baby will be quite different than talking about it. She loves babies and is one of the more nurturing toddlers I've seen so I hope that spills over into her role as a big sister. Crossing fingers and toes! I think the reality of a new baby will be quite a lot for all of us so maybe the real hope is that we all handle it well! I'm admittedly a little frightened at the thought of having two little ones, but I am certain that things will come as naturally as they did with the first and we'll just be even more happy than we already are..... and maybe a little more tired. :)
So that's the latest on our end... just working hard and enjoying our play time! Lacey continues to charm the heck out of us and we revel in every moment with her. Ok, I might get a little impatient and frustrated at times, but Mike helps me to keep things in perspective. She really is such a sweet and funny little girl. She's been having a lot of fun with new friends lately and I'm loving watching the interaction with other children. Watching her share and speak politely and be kind to others makes me think, if only for a moment, that I might just be doing something right after all! She's just so much fun and soon, we get to have two little girls to have fun with! YAY! Now, maybe I should start getting the house ready...
P.S. Hopefully our computer issues will soon be resolved and I can resume posting pictures... as it is, Mike's laptop is still going back and forth so it makes it a little tricky. I'll do my best though...
2 comments:
Yay for "going natural"! It's hard but a great experience! My best tip is when you hit that point that you really believe you can't do it anymore that's a sign that you are almost there. So take that feeling as a good sign that you're almost done! I can't wait to hear how it goes and see pics of your sweet little girl! Although probably not as much as you... ;)
I love updates, even if there aren't any pictures. In fact, I purposely read things with no pictures all the time. :)
I'm glad that all is going well with your pregnancy. I am really excited for you. (And yet, at the same time I chuckle to myself and think of how glad I am that I'm done!)
Lacey is going to be a great sister. Oh, and I still love the name, but maybe you could tweak the spelling to be a little more... oh I don't know... K-A-Y-L-A! haha!
Post a Comment