Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

No new pictures to post tonight unfortunately... I'll have some from the weekend soon, though. I just wanted to say HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! We had a wonderful 1st Father's Day here! Actually, like Kristen, I like to drag celebrations out as long as possible so we had a Father's Weekend here. On Friday, Mike and I dusted off our cowboy boots and went dancing! We had so much fun!!! Based on the "moves" that he frequently displays around the house, I wasn't so sure that Mike would be quite as skilled on the dance floor as he claimed. To my surprise, though, my man can boot scoot with the best of 'em! It was a blast! It occurred to us that we had only danced together on two other occassions before (once at Jeff and Melanie's wedding and once at a youth dance we were chaperoning). It was high time! We loved it and will definitely be doing some more of that. Hopefully I won't wack him in the face with my elbow next time! Sorry, honey!
Saturday was another fun-filled day. For the Hughlett Family celebration, I invited everyone over to our house for swimming and grilling. Lacey was adorable in her new swim suit and the sunglasses that Nanny bought for her (pictures of that will be posted once I have them) and she has come to really enjoy the water. We followed that with a tasty meal, including Larry's salmon recipe (mmmm!!) and some big, juicy steaks for the men. Despite my lack of skill on the grill, it all turned out fairly well and was quite enjoyable, if I do say so myself. :)
As for the big day, we celebrated with the Whelan clan. Larry, master of cooking, put together a shrimp boil for us. So good! We enjoyed a nice afternoon together at Heather's house. Lacey always seems to enjoy the activity of lots of people over there, despite the fact that we totally cut into her nap time. Fortunately, though, we drove home and all took a late afternoon nap together. That was rather necessary and completely fabulous!
Mike seems to have enjoyed his first Father's Day. He loves the book that I made for him (picaboo.com is a great resource for putting together photo books. It's adorable!!! I can email a link for anyone who wants to see it... just let me know.) and loves even more the chance to celebrate Lacey being a part of his life. I have to say that I don't know if I could ask for a more adoring father. He is so in love with Lacey and is such a joy to see the two of them together. They are quite the pair!! I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful husband who is such an amazing father! We are two lucky girls in this house!
And of course, I cannot talk about Father's Day without saying how grateful I am for my own dad. He doesn't read blogs, but I will say to everyone else that I was also lucky to have a wonderful father. He's also a great Papa to Lacey and I love him for that as well. He's the only one so far who can get her to laugh quite like he did so I think the two will get along rather well.
Lastly, I also have a great father-in-law who deserves some recognition. He's always been so kind and helpful to Mike and me and is also Lacey's wonderful Papa. So to all of the Dad's in my life, thank you for enriching our lives! I love you all!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm glad Mike had a wonderful first Father's Day. So, you married a boot scooter huh? Who knew? That sounds like a lot of fun. We're planning on getting together with ya'll on July 5th if that might still work out for ya'll. Can't wait to see the pictures from you weekend.