Tuesday, April 7, 2009

She's doing it!

Well it has been some time since I've given a good update. Sorry bout that! Here I am at last...
Things have been great in our world. We've been happily welcoming spring and have even brought it into our own yard with lots of flowers. If you've seen our horrendous beds in the front yard, you'll be amazed at the improvements! I would love to say that Mike and I did it ourselves, but with Mike's busy, busy work schedule, including lots of weekend screenings, and me tending to Lacey, it just wasn't happening. We did hire someone to tackle the beast and he did a fantastic job. I'm not showing pictures yet because I want to do a little more to it, but it's lovely. I'll let you all see soon enough!

Otherwise, we've just been living our happy little life, enjoying seeing Lacey grow into a little toddler. I can't believe how big she's gotten and how much she can do! Her biggest accomplishment of late is that she is walking. It began last Wednesday and she's quite the pro by now. Watching a baby learn how to walk has got to be one of the cutest things ever! I know I'll curse her ability later, but it's just so adorable that we can't be anything but excited. She has figured out how to be a bit more devious with this new ability. Now if she has something she isn't supposed to, instead of handing it to us when we ask for it, she gets a mischievous look in her eye and she takes off running. That, and she's all over the house now and opening the pantry door. I do realize that things are only going to get more crazy from here! Good thing I have a small house. She's talking quite a bit these days and can even begin the alphabet. She has "A, B and C' down perfectly and is working on "D". I can't exactly take credit for this-- Nanny and Papa Hughlett have been trying to teach her since she was born. Such proud grandparents, they are!



Here we are at the park. This was playing in the volleyball pit... probably the closest thing to a beach we'll see this year. :(
And here she is, taking off...
Big girl!
She's so proud of herself!!

Oh I just adore that little girl!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! It is so fun when they start walking, but sad too! And honestly, I think a walker gets into less stuff than a crawler..they dont tend to be on the floor enough to notice the left over crumbs etc. Glad things are going well..could you send your lawn guy to my house, we need some serious flower work!!

Courtney said...

Wow! She is walking! It is a whole new world now.