Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July!

In no particular order, here are some shots to mark our 4th of July celebrations. They actually began on Friday night when Mike and I spent the evening at the Arlington fireworks show and festival. We were doing a screening at the event, so we were sweating it out from 4 until after 10. It was quite hot!! Once the sun started to go down, though, the temperature cooled and business picked up. We hung around for the fireworks show which was actually the first time Mike and I had seen fireworks together. It wasn't the best show to be perfectly honest, and we were so very, very tired, but it was a fun experience.

On Saturday, we began with our festive breakfast (pictures on the post below) and spent some time getting things done around the house. After naps, we packed up our swim suits and headed up to Heather's for a family swim and dinner. We had a great time hanging out and it was particularly fun to get to meet this little beauty...

Here's Mallory. Isn't she precious? A little Nish if ever I've seen one! She looks just like Amber to me. Such a doll!
While I look fairly wretched, I love this picture of Courtlyn and me. I had a bowl of ice cream that Courtlyn was quite interested in. She climbed up and perched right on me, asking for one bite after another. It was too funny!

And this is how Lacey felt about little Mallory! We may be in trouble when we have our next baby! Lacey crawled on my lap and laid right on me, apparently trying to squeeze Mallory out. Wish me luck when it's time to bring our next one around!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well..it is always nice to see the first two pictures on the post are of my kids..cute ones at that I must say! But, those pics of Lacey take the cake. That girl is so funny, and I am sure we dont know the half of it. She is getting there, but for some reason, our huge crew is still a bit overwhelming for her..I cant imagine why! Love the pic on the top..the first one I guess, what a stinker! Maybe we will come down this week for some splash park fun, and if your lucky, I will even leave you a kid or two..hehehe!!

brittany said...

Billy does the same thing with Josie- he climbs in my lap and pushes on her!! He says he's giving kisses but I think he has another motive :)