I cannot believe it's 2010!!! 2009 was a great year for us! We've marveled as we have watched Lacey learn and grow. She constantly amazes us! She has proven to be quite intelligent already... perhaps a little too intelligent! She's been talking up a storm and picking up new words and sentences all the time. Some of her funnier phrases are "Oh my heavens!" or "Oh my goodness!" Cracks us up! She is very articulate for sure and she truly knows how to get what she wants. Her latest trick is taking one of us by the finger and saying "Come on..." as she leads us to the desired location to retrieve what she wants. It's hard not to give in to her when she's so adorable! She is quite aware that Daddy is the secret to her success and she uses her power over him all too frequently. If she wants something that she fears I might say no to, she gives him that coy look and very quietly whispers to him "I want a sucker" (as that is one of the more frequently requested items). They have their own little world, those two. We're so grateful to have her in our world and to have witnessed every moment over the last year. I cannot believe that she'll be turning 2 very soon! Not sure if I'm ready for that...
2009 has been good for us in other ways as well. We've traveled a bit on our business trips-- Atlanta, Pheonix, and of course, NYC! Those trips have been great for us and great for the business, which has been blessed with growth this year. Mike works extremely hard to provide for our family and to teach people about chiropractics and I love being a part of that mission with him.
In other news, I ran the half marathon earlier this year while Mike has accomplished many of his fitness goals as well. It's been wonderful to accomplish things together and we're both so grateful that we share these passions. My favorite moments of running the race were when Mike ran along side me, proudly rooting me on and catching some photos. Couldn't have done it without him!
We've enjoyed sharing moments with family and friends and have been blessed with great love and support from many people. It truly was an amazing year for us and they just keep getting better!
2010 is already shaping up to be a big year for us! Lacey will turn 2 and I'm certain that there's much more fun to come with her! Mike and I are working together on setting goals and we'll work together on accomplishing them as well. And of course, our most exciting news is that we'll be welcoming baby number 2 somewhere around September 13!! We are thrilled and grateful! We cannot wait to see Lacey as a big sister and know that she will be a great one. We look forward to much happiness and hope for the same for all of our family and friends!
Happy New Year!!!
4 comments:
I can't believe it's been a year since we saw you guys in Atlanta! I hope we'll get to see you sometime this year too! :) Let us know if you're ever close!
I"m so excited your pregnant! That's awesome. Are you going to find out the sex? You have to tell me what it is when you find out!
Yay!! I'm so happy for you momma!! :)
So glad to hear your good news about the baby! I think of you often and love checking in with your blog. Mine kinda fell by the wayside, something had to give with 3 kids!
Post a Comment