Life has been moving full-steam ahead in my blogging absence! We enjoyed a wonderful holiday season, celebrated some birthdays, and failed to keep these two girls from growing!
Tonight, we headed over to "The Salad Place", otherwise known as Sweet Tomato. We always enjoy the nice, healthy fare and we have so much fun every time. I busted the camera out tonight because the moments were too sweet to forget. We just love this family of ours!
Don't you know his heart was just melting all over the place here? :)
Now to give a bit of an update on everyone...
Michayla: Happiest baby ever! She is 5-months-old now and has brought even more joy to our family. I swear, she came out of the womb smiling! She laughs all the time, especially at Lacey! She's also very snuggly, which just makes me happy. She's very content and easy-going. I can leave her with Mike for any period of time and not have to worry one bit about her. Of course, that's also because he's more experienced now than with Lacey, but it's definitely a great relief when I just need to get out every once in a while! As for milestones, she actually just reached one today- she sat unassisted for the first time. It's small, I know, but I was so proud of her! She has rolled over in her sleep, but she doesn't realize that she knows how to do it. It's pretty funny, actually, but she's quite close. Love, love, love her!!!
Lacey: Our 3-year old!!! That child makes my heart smile! I cannot believe that she just turned 3-years-old... it sort of breaks my heart a little, but I love seeing her beautiful personality shining through more and more. She is constantly cracking us up! Her verbal skills have always been impressive, and she just floors us with unexpected things she says. One day after reading books with Mike, he placed them on floor and she said "Daddy, I can't believe this! We cleaned all day and you put the book on the floor!!" On another occassion, he put one of her Strawberry Shortcake dolls in 'the wrong place' and she said "Daddy, if you do that again I'm going to take the doll and put it in the trash!" Soooo... apparently I need to scold her a little less and teach her what it means to respect her father! Haha... still, so funny! She actually says far more cute and sweet things though but her sass really does crack us up. She is all girl and can frequently be found singing and dancing or doing her hair and make up... yikes! She also does some of the sweetest things, including how well she takes care of Michayla. She happily shares her toys with her, runs to her when she cries, and enjoys trying to teach her things. Tonight at dinner, she had a cookie that she split three ways so she could share with Mike and me... she often does things like that. She has such a kind heart and a fun spirit and we just adore her!
Lindsey: Clearly, I'm pretty happy being the mom of these two girls. I'm always looking for new things to do with them, especially as Lacey is getting older. I feel a great need to be more creative with her, which is not a trait that I feel comes naturally. Thank goodness for all of the fun blogs of very creative women out there! I hope that future posts will include fun new projects and things that we're working on, so if you have any that I should try, do share!
Otherwise, I am back in training for an upcoming half marathon. This promises to be quite an event, as the plan is to fly to Wisconsin to run a race with my best friend, Melanie!! We're so excited to do another race together! Mike has happily offered to keep both girls for this quick weekend trip and her husband will stay home with Audrey while Melanie and will stay in a hotel and enjoy a couple of days without children! We love them of course, but how much shopping can we get done with three little girls?? :) It's going to be a blast! Today, I finished the first week of my 12-week training program with a five-mile run. My first week of official training was a bit rough and not what I hoped, but I haven't been running outside in some time so I suppose it's to be expected. I have been shedding some baby weight so YAY for that! Now I just need to keep sticking to my training schedule and I will be in great shape for this race... which is important, because Melanie is a great runner and keeping up with her may be tough!
Mike: Ever the busy chiropractor! He recently took a brief trip to Chicago for some training with good ol' Coach CJ and has been fired up since then! The week of ice caused us to have to close our doors for an uncomfortable 4 days, but he's happily back in action and hoping for no more bad weather! Of course, we all enjoyed the forced vacation.. I don't think Mike and I had had that much time together since our honeymoon! Things are back on track at the office and I am always so proud of how hard he works. Of course, nothing is more important to him than his girls and he spends every possible moment with us. With Michayla around, he's all the more eager to come home and play, not even stopping to eat dinner until the girls are in bed. Love that about him, among so many other things!
Together, we just celebrated our 4th anniversary! Has it really been four years? In some ways, it feels like we've been together so much longer... and I mean that in a good way. On other ways, it seems like we were just sitting at that sushi restaurant on our first date merely days ago. These four years have been so wonderful for us and it's incredible to think that we have so many more to come!
I love this life of ours more and more every day. These little moments of ours are just precious and I hope to remember to stop and enjoy them as they occur.
Thanks for checking in on us!

2 comments:
Happy to hear updates! Good luck on your marathon! That's inspiring!
The girls are so adorable! I can;t believe how old they are getting!
Post a Comment