Sunday, February 12, 2012

My 30th Birthday

I've realized recently that I'd really like to get back to blogging more regularly. It's proven to be a great journal and I have loved reading through posts and looking at pictures, and I regret that I have missed so much of what has gone on since Michayla was born... so here I am.

Today's post is all about ME! Haha! In January, I celebrated the big 3-0, and it was definitely a celebration worth documenting.

We kicked it off with a dinner with some of my good friends. Mike was so sweet to contact everyone and organize a dinner in my honor. It was so fun to see everyone!! I was so appreciative that everyone he invited came, some even driving in from Flower Mound, and most requiring babysitters in order to be there. It really was so much fun and I felt very special.
















(Ryan and Sara Wade, Sergio and Michelle Betancourt, Mike and me, Jeff and Melanie Peacock,
Kayla and Bryce Sorenson, Mike and Jamie Barrera, Ben and Kim Fuller)


On Saturday, I got to celebrate with my beautiful girls in a very special way. On my 10th birthday, my parents took me to see Beauty and the Beast. I remember feeling really special because I was the first in my family to get to see the movie! For my 30th, we took our girls to see the very same movie, as it had been re-released in 3D. There really was something sort of magical about it! Lacey has seen the movie, of course, but I loved sitting in the theater with the girls and holding both of them in my lap as we watched it together.




















After the movie, we went to the same restaurant that my parents took me to on my 10th birthday, Campo Verde. It was a favorite of my parents back when we lived in Arlington (who would have thought with all the moving around that we did that I would end up in the same place I lived when I was so young??) and I was excited to get to go with them at the time. It's definitely a unique restaurant... and by unique, I do mean tacky! Yes, those are Christmas decorations you see around us. In January. I'm pretty sure they're there all year. The girls thought it was fantastic, especially with the train going around above us the entire time. It was quirky and a lot of fun!

















My parents took me to a pet store 20 years ago and bought a cat for me. In fact, I remember having to drive fairly far to find a pet store with any kittens and we ended up getting there not long before it closed. I came home with a tabby cat who I named Frisky. He was sort of a terrible pet, really, and I don't think he lasted long in our home, but the point is that it was a wonderful birthday that I was happy to relive. And yes, we did go into a pet store with the girls too and we actually thought about bringing home a little black kitten that Lacey fell in love with. And then reality set in and I realized that that was an aspect of that birthday that I absolutely did not want to relive! I really can't believe my mom let us have so many pets growing up. Ew! haha


Of course, there were other celebrations-- we had dinner with Mike's family on Sunday night and I spent the day of my birthday with my mom. It was four days of celebrating and it was all very fun and very special. I was once again reminded of how much love I have in my life, and at the risk of sounding corny, that really is all I ever want.

No comments: